Brianf

cockers on the BBC internet

Post by Brianf »

Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: cockers on the BBC internet

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

I am a big Cockers fan - this doesnt tell us anything new but it just reinforces that he fact that he cares about the club and it being successful which I am sure (most of us on here) can relate to.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Good interview. I've always been a cockers fan, he's done some daft stuff but he's a great bloke with passion to spare, and a bloke you definitely want on your side.

I always think that the amount of premiership finals we've won compared to the amount we've been in is a bit poor, but under Cockers we've won three of five which is more than you can ask for as a fan really.

Would be nice to do well in Europe again but I think we're still the most feared team in England and that's down to RC.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

ads wrote:Good interview. I've always been a cockers fan, he's done some daft stuff but he's a great bloke with passion to spare, and a bloke you definitely want on your side.
Agree, the Tigers spirit and ethos is alive and well and beneath the shouting etc. there is a very able forwards coach, a part of his job that is often overlooked IMO, and DOR. 5 Years, 7 finals, 4 trophies is not a record to sniffed and the attentions of Clermont and others only justifies this. Of course things can always be better the consistency of achievement under Cockers is excellent.

I can see Cockers being here for a long time as DOR, this may be a bold statement but I think if Cockers is here for the next 10 years Tigers will reach the Premiership semi-finals 10 times and play in the top level European competition (whatever that may be) every year, with at least a few trophies along the way.