Pre (and post) match hostelries in High Wycombe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pre (and post) match hostelries in High Wycombe

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Can anyone recommend any good hostelries for a few scoops before and after the match next weekend. Arriving by train so planning to take advantage of the free bus to the game so don't want to wander too far from the station/ground.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Pre (and post) match hostelries in High Wycombe

Post by jack »

Couple of seasons back we found HWyc a bit of a dead loss! There were pubs but nothing to threaten the Good Beer Guide.Might have improved since then. :smt017
Tigers - true Champions!
Tigersrobbo

Post by Tigersrobbo »

There is a good pub called the Belle Vue in Gordon Road behind the station and another one across the road in front of the station, forgotten the name, that sells real ale.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for the help - anymore greatly appreciated - its my stag weekend so I dont want to end up drinking lager in a plastic southern pub - god forbid :smt009
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

I take issue with the 'southern pub' slur!! I will be disowned by my family for saying this (pub landlords from Derbyshire) but there are fewer problems with ales here.

Though I can't speak for High Wycombe!
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Not only is the Belle Vue close to the station (approx 1/4 mile), its in the GBG and has a beer festival AND live music starting at 4pm on Sunday - could be perfect for post match celebrations.....
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks guys - think its the Belle Vue and the Bootlegger (which is the one opposite the train station which Tigersrobbo refers to) which looks OK as well. If anyone fancies a few beers we will be there from about 12.30 - I will be the one not wearing fancy dress !
PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PGD »

There's a fine boozer on the main rd / hill at the end of the station area, I forget its name. Lots of hand pumped real ale. Usually Tigers other than me in there. Living in Oxfordshire, this is a day out with my mates - Insect ST'ers to a man - 15min on the train. Wives collect us off the train much, much later. Splendid day out!