M69/M1 roadworks again (Updated)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

M69/M1 roadworks again (Updated)

Post by loretta »

At the M1/M69 junction in the evenings, there is a sign that states that the junction will be closed from 7th October for three weeks, night time only. Assume this means 8 pm to 6 am, and I have a vague recollection that it does, and anyone planning to use that route home after friday nights game had better make alternative arrangements.

I had a look at the usual agencies' websites yesterday, and it did not appear. Presumably because it was out-side the time slot concerned.

Good luck!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Brianf

Re: M69/M1 roadworks again

Post by Brianf »

Thanks Loretta, as I have a fairly lengthy journey to get to the game, I have decided to get into Leicester as early as possible on Friday afternoon. Presumably, according to your post, access via the M69/M1 route is permissible during the day. Getting out and back to the M6 after the game will be more problematic. I guess I will need to go further up the M1 and retrace my motoring steps that way.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Brianf wrote: Presumably, according to your post, access via the M69/M1 route is permissible during the day.
The junction is open as usual (whatever that is) during the day.
Tiggger

Post by Tiggger »

Brianf wrote:Thanks Loretta, as I have a fairly lengthy journey to get to the game, I have decided to get into Leicester as early as possible on Friday afternoon. Presumably, according to your post, access via the M69/M1 route is permissible during the day. Getting out and back to the M6 after the game will be more problematic. I guess I will need to go further up the M1 and retrace my motoring steps that way.
Brian would it help to go back to Lutterworth on the A road, go across to Magna Park and then up the A5 to the M69? This avoids going anywhere near the M69/M1 junction. I think there is also another route across from the M69/A5 junction near Hinckley but I'm not familiar with it.
Johnno is God!!!
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Thanks Tiggger, I need to get to the other side of Wolverhampton, so the A5 is a possibility
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Brianf, I have sent you a PM
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
wolves tigger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolves tigger »

Is this a dead cert that the island will be shut as i too have to get to wolves on fri eve :smt017
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

As certain as it can be. The sign was still up yesterday evening, as the traffic joins from the Fosse park direction onto the M69 roundabout and M69 itself, and is probably there again now. I'll check on the way home from work.

Update. Yep, still there.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Yes, the M69 junction is closed between 8pm and 6am for up to 3 weeks starting from last weekend I think. I came back from Stratford-upon-Avon last night & the matrix signs weren't showing it as closed, but I came off at the A5 to get home. A colleague tells me her husband didn't know & couldn't exit that way & had to go up the M1 and back round.

As another potential problem spot for those coming down the A5199 from the Arnesby direction, or from Oadby along towards the McDonalds roundabout - be warned they've just begun major junction alterations there which will go on until early December.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Mo Leicester

Post by Mo Leicester »

I presume that you all would normally travel along the A5460 (Narborough Road) to get back to the M69.

Instead of turning right at the roundabout next to Asda. Carry straight on towards Narborough on the B4114.

Follow this road through Narborough on towards and through Sharnford. You will eventually hit the A5.

Turn right towards Hinckley and you can either jump on the M69 or continue on th A5.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=narbor ... =0CJcBELYD
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Rizzo wrote:Yes, the M69 junction is closed between 8pm and 6am for up to 3 weeks starting from last weekend I think. I came back from Stratford-upon-Avon last night & the matrix signs weren't showing it as closed, but I came off at the A5 to get home. A colleague tells me her husband didn't know & couldn't exit that way & had to go up the M1 and back round.

As another potential problem spot for those coming down the A5199 from the Arnesby direction, or from Oadby along towards the McDonalds roundabout - be warned they've just begun major junction alterations there which will go on until early December.
it seemed to be open last night when I coming home at about 23:30, cars were deff coming on to it.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

wolves tigger wrote:Is this a dead cert that the island will be shut as i too have to get to wolves on fri eve :smt017
Even If you can get to the M6 with M69 shut, don't bother. Coming back from a gig in Wolverhampton last , M6 was shut between junctions 6 and 7(this was southbound but north seemed closed as well). 'Lovely' detour through the centre of Brum. A5 is probably best or the M6 toll road (if you can get to it), £5.50 but it's always empty.

wolves tigger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolves tigger »

Thanks i used the m6 toll , funny though m1/m69 island was open :smt017 , but the traffic was bumper to bumper on the m6 so toll road here i come :smt002 ,i was listening to see what the hold up was on the m6 but no much traffic info on radio late at night though :smt022 ,
Tigers please note ........ not much of a crowd last night thats cause we dont like FRIDAY EVEVNING MATCHES :smt018 leave them to sale :smt038 .
Rizzo

Re: M69/M1 roadworks again (Updated)

Post by Rizzo »

Leicester Mercury warning of further junction closures at M1/M69 over the next few weekends.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Motor ... story.html

Also please note the McDonald/Wakes Road roundabout in Wigston has roadworks, down to one lane in all roads entering the roundabout, causing long delays.

There are also temporary traffic lights on London Road by the Shanklin Drive junction just past the racecourse island, caused huge delays and tailbacks this evening and ATC say the lights will be there until Saturday evening. There are also roadworks with road narrowing (and sometimes temp traffic lights) on London Road by the Mayfield island, and that is also causing delays.

If you are on twitter follow https://twitter.com/ATCLeicester

otherwise check http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/leicester/roads/planned
http://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-counci ... orks/maps/

I find http://leicester.roadworks.org/ very helpful for the most up to date information
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: M69/M1 roadworks again (Updated)

Post by daktari »

Rizzo wrote:Leicester Mercury warning of further junction closures at M1/M69 over the next few weekends.
Not that they closed it last time, me thinks they are behind on the work...