Large Tv Screen at Welford Road

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Banburytigers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Large Tv Screen at Welford Road

Post by Banburytigers »

Watched the Gloucester game yesterday and noted some very nice shiney screens to watch replays. Which I thought was nice for the club to assist their one eyed fans in the shed! :smt002

Will the Leicester Board see fit to do the same at Welford Road? They have created some room now that they have evicted Sky from their box and replaced it with a :censored: sponsors sign. We are meant to be the leagues peremier club and thus should have this type of facilities as the norm.

It woud be nice to assit their loyal paying fans paricularly on the terrace... as currently if the action is at the other end of the terrace in the corner you have no chance to see what is going on, due to the thousands of heads in the way.

Your thoughts on whether there is any chance that the Board dusting off the cheque book!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Large Tv Screen at Welford Road

Post by mightymouse »

good idea - as one of the more vertically challenged inhabitants of the terrace - the corners can be tricky - espacially the clubhoiuse end and often rely on commentry from taller comrades - and it would be nice to have confirmation immediatley that we were right and the referee wrong!!
catflap
Tiger Cub

Post by catflap »

Great idea, there is even a screen at the Rec and there isn't room to swing a cat there!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

This issue has been raised on this forum numerous times and I had hoped that once the old Sky box had gone we would get a big screen especially as we have made an operating profit. Sadly I see that this space has immediately been seized for corporate advertising as has most of every square inch of the ground its a crying shame that the club appears intransigent to the needs of us its loyal supporters. We used to have a big screen erected above the corner where the ambulance is parked but that only appeared for televised matches. Still a return to that scenario would be better than nothing but I fear it will not happen :smt022 :smt022
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

Sarries have one they hire out :smt003
catflap
Tiger Cub

Post by catflap »

krwa
Tiger Cub

Post by krwa »

Bit like development of ground one of the richest men in england in charge of club and we get nothing
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Someone in Authority at the club has told me that they have noe achieved the £100,000 pounds funding for 2 Large screens and that they plan to be in before the end of the year. I told him seeing is believing and left it at that.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

This has been discussed before. You come to a live game to watch it live. If you want to see it on a big screen buy a big TV at home. I would rather the club spent £100,000 on players or players welfare than on a big screen. As for not being able to see from the terrace that is your choice to stand in the terrace, most seats in the ground have a fairly good view!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Not that my opinion is going to make the Board jump-up and take notice but, personally, I would like to see a big screen in one of the corners at least. I'm sure that wherever you sit, there are parts of the game that you can't see.

Plus, I know, frustrations amongst the spectators (we'll leave RC out for now :smt003 ) can rise when, for example, the reason that the referee has given a penalty against us isn't immediately obvious because the offence occurs on the spectators blindside. Even watching a game at home, or the pub :smt030 , I've had to revise my original opinion of the refs decision (rarely - obviously!!! :smt003 ) after seeing a replay.

I'm definitely not "flaming" here but, if there was to be a screen, or two, there's still nothing forcing you to watch it.
PANTHERA TIGRIS

Post by PANTHERA TIGRIS »

I understand your point Smurphs....but this is 2013 and the screen is part of the game, what with tmo references etc. I have read criticism on rival boards and the lack of screen reflects badly.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I have every confidence in the Board.

If they can get someone to sponsor the installation (and maintenance) of two big screens - great. If it means spending my money (shareholder and ST holder) then there are higher priorities.
Still keeping the faith!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

krwa wrote:Bit like development of ground one of the richest men in england in charge of club and we get nothing
Apart from the largest dedicated club rugby ground in the country (excluding Darlingtom RFC(!)).
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

h's dad wrote:
krwa wrote:Bit like development of ground one of the richest men in england in charge of club and we get nothing
Apart from the largest dedicated club rugby ground in the country (excluding Darlingtom RFC(!)).
And free Cockers masks!
Still keeping the faith!
scrum1/2
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by scrum1/2 »

I was thinking about this at the game on Saturday and there is a large space at the top left hand side of the Goldsmiths stand (near the boxes) with just a Goldsmiths logo at the top of it - surely Goldsmiths would get more people to look at it if they sponsored a screen up there, then every time there was a replay people would look at the screen and their logo?? Anyone from Goldsmiths read this??