Large Tv Screen at Welford Road

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Large Tv Screen at Welford Road

Post by Noddy555 »

I am not a new member of the forum, I have been a member since 2010 but until recently under a different name. I changed my username because i got fed up typing in my long real name. Your next comment no doubt is that you have been a member since Moses was still in the bullrushes or since Dusty Hare made his debut. My GSOH was fashioned by the goons and finishing school was Monty Python.
So ignore me I'm just an old codger.
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

I wrote to Simon Cohen last season about this & he basically said it was down to cost & he didn't believe that the fans & members wanted them - would rather the money be directed elsewhere.
I feel it is an embarrassment that the top Club does not have a couple of big screens when every other club does.
I feel it is another example of the Club not being in touch with the fans &, as already been said, they obviously close their ears & eyes to other Club's forums & their views on our non big screen approach.
Pip
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:I am not a new member of the forum, I have been a member since 2010 but until recently under a different name. I changed my username because i got fed up typing in my long real name. Your next comment no doubt is that you have been a member since Moses was still in the bullrushes or since Dusty Hare made his debut. My GSOH was fashioned by the goons and finishing school was Monty Python.
So ignore me I'm just an old codger.
Just a bit of a slow learner then :smt003

Unless you use a public pc you don't need to type in your login everytime. I can't remember the last time I had to put mine in.

There is very little about the Goons or Monty Python that makes me smile so I'm just a grumpy old codger.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Through the supporters forum, the club keeps in better touch with its supporters than most other premiership clubs.

If you were asked "Would you rather we were able to pay up to the maximum of the salary cap, or spend in excess of £100k on a screen, which would your rather we did?", how would you answer?

The club has been looking for a sponsor for a screen for some time. When we have one, a screen will appear as if by magic.
Valhalla I am coming!
arickett

Post by arickett »

Which of course was the answer arrived at last time this was discussed
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Plus ca change . . . .
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fleabane wrote:Plus ca change . . . .
..... plus c'est la meme chose!
Still keeping the faith!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

fleabane wrote:If you were asked "Would you rather we were able to pay up to the maximum of the salary cap, or spend in excess of £100k on a screen, which would your rather we did?", how would you answer?
If you ask the "right" question, you'll get the answer that you want. Obviously everyone (I would expect) would answer yes to your question. However, why one or the other? If, as I suspect, we are already paying close to the salary cap (with some held in reserve for temporary emergencies) AND making a profit, can we not have both?
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

What's that coming over the hill is it a sponsor, is it a sponsor?
Valhalla I am coming!
NaptonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by NaptonTiger »

pipkoi wrote:I wrote to Simon Cohen last season about this & he basically said it was down to cost & he didn't believe that the fans & members wanted them - would rather the money be directed elsewhere.
I feel it is an embarrassment that the top Club does not have a couple of big screens when every other club does.
I feel it is another example of the Club not being in touch with the fans &, as already been said, they obviously close their ears & eyes to other Club's forums & their views on our non big screen approach.
If we can't afford screens, it would be helpful to people like me (and those who sit around me) to put on the scoreboard the reason that a penalty was awarded. Surely that wouldn't cost much to implement?
Would this Mr Cohen be same person on Radio Leicester (16th Oct) who said along the lines that "parking wasn't a problem for fans" and that "fans had their own arrangements sorted".
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

NaptonTiger wrote:
pipkoi wrote:I wrote to Simon Cohen last season about this & he basically said it was down to cost & he didn't believe that the fans & members wanted them - would rather the money be directed elsewhere.
If we can't afford screens, it would be helpful to people like me (and those who sit around me) to put on the scoreboard the reason that a penalty was awarded. Surely that wouldn't cost much to implement?
Would this Mr Cohen be same person on Radio Leicester (16th Oct) who said along the lines that "parking wasn't a problem for fans" and that "fans had their own arrangements sorted".
That would be him yes
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I am sure Simon has no problem parking gis car.

But then nor do I!

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Re getting a sponsor: the airlines seem to have more money available for this than most, and bearing in mind how much international travelling our various team members do, let alone supporters, could we approach some of the airlines flying out of East Mids?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Perhaps Grumpy old codger could come up to the Fry Line club tomorrow before
the match and I;ll buy him a drink. That might put a smile on his face.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:Perhaps Grumpy old codger could come up to the Fry Line club tomorrow before
the match and I;ll buy him a drink. That might put a smile on his face.
Took me a while to realise you meant me :smt001 Thank you very much for the kind offer, that would certainly put a smile on my face but I only get to a few Tigers games per season. I tend to move in much less exalted circles.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game