HC Referees Confirmed

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

HC Referees Confirmed

Post by PM76 »

Pool 5 - Ulster Rugby v Leicester Tigers 20.00 Romain Poite (Fra)

Pool 5 - Leicester Tigers v Benetton Treviso 20.00 Pascal Gauzère (Fra)

It could certainly have been a lot worse!!

http://www.espn.co.uk/blogs/rugby/story/199859.html
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: HC Referees Confirmed

Post by Noddy555 »

I am glad to see the appointment of Roman Poite as referee for the ulster match, in my opinion he is one of the top three refs in the world and always explains his decisions in detail and he usually allows the flow of the game to
unfold. Should be a good match to watch.
Easty

Post by Easty »

Noddy555 wrote:I am glad to see the appointment of Roman Poite as referee for the ulster match.
Seriously, can't you remember the last time he ref'd the same fixture? I agree he is one of the better refs who unfortunately for us, had one of his worst games in regards to ref'ing the breakdown (or rather....not).

Still, he did, along with Smurph give us a great comedy moment.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I have always been at a loss to comorehebd why, when two teams come from different leagues, the ref should not automatically be from the third league.

ERC still cannot manage this.
Still keeping the faith!
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Bill W (2) wrote:I have always been at a loss to comorehebd why, when two teams come from different leagues, the ref should not automatically be from the third league.

Agree Bill. But so far so good from a Tigers perspective. The problems will come if/ when Owens or another Rabo Ref is given Tigers vs. Ulster in round 6! The HC QF final vs. Leinster was a classic example of this.

Personally hoping for Clancy to be given both the games vs. Montpellier, thought he was very impressive vs. Toulouse and Toulon last season.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

PM76 wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:I have always been at a loss to comorehebd why, when two teams come from different leagues, the ref should not automatically be from the third league.

Agree Bill. But so far so good from a Tigers perspective. The problems will come if/ when Owens or another Rabo Ref is given Tigers vs. Ulster in round 6! The HC QF final vs. Leinster was a classic example of this.

Personally hoping for Clancy to be given both the games vs. Montpellier, thought he was very impressive vs. Toulouse and Toulon last season.
I too will be happy to have Clancy against Montpellier.

Lay all England to a China Orange if we get a RABO team in later stages it will be Owens! After a;; Wheelbrace is ERC Public Enemy #1!!

:smt013
Still keeping the faith!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Noddy555 wrote:I am glad to see the appointment of Roman Poite as referee for the ulster match, in my opinion he is one of the top three refs in the world and always explains his decisions in detail and he usually allows the flow of the game to unfold. Should be a good match to watch.
Agreed. On the explanation front, I had always found him generally fairly quiet and his explanations are fairly brief, but they cover what needs to be said.

Watched him referee a Top 14 match at the weekend. What a contrast! Obviously happier talking in his native tongue. At one point he gave one of the locks a verbal dressing down that went on for 2 or 3 minutes (longer than the average scrum :smt003 ). Mr Poite was not a happy bunny and was getting the message across very, very strongly.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

I'm predicting an all Celtic final just to show how strong the HC and the Celtic teams are!!

:smt002