Manu's shoulder

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Manu's shoulder

Post by iceman_19 »

I am absolutely gutted. Manu - without sounding too negative - gives our attack most of its direction. He gives England's attack ALL of its direction. I was really looking forward to seeing him and Billy playing together...Here's hoping that it isn't as bad as first feared.

Stick him in an oxygen chamber!!
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

gutted? who drops into England then?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

vin rouge wrote:gutted? who drops into England then?
I suspect either Burrell or Joseph
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

Don't we also have Terrence Hepetema in the centres? I think he was signed as injury cover for Matt Smith.

For England I'd imagine Joseph would now be first choice as he played 13 in the summer tour with Eastmond next in line.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Can I point out that two of our Lions, who RC identified as being risked despite injury, have now suffered significant injuries. It is the continuous season that has not allowed proper recovery.
Manu is discovering he isn't indestructible as he gets older; also the pecs take a huge strain with conditioning, but fortunately unless they tear off totally (NB often a symptom of naughty behaviour in the weight training gym and seen more readily in RL), are quickly repairable with general fitness easily maintained.
Cockers is quite right about player welfare, but Tigers themselves seem to have played several slightly injured players recently. It suggests we aren't as well stocked with replacements as believed.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

In the words of Mr Meldrew 'I don't believe it!!' and just after losing Croft for the season I am wondering if someone up there doesn't like us! :smt010 I don't know much about Hepetema - anyone know if he is worth a shot at centre??
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

A real shame, it was clear at the weekend what an asset he is to any team.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Oh for crying out loud. Who's next? The squad is down to the bare bones now. I suppose Goneva will cover 13 with Morris, Thompstone and Scully in the back 3. I think we all need to calm down a bit in a more positive way. He now has a few weeks rest in a part of the season that doesn't really matter instead of the playoffs. Who wants to bet that Lancaster will rush him back and then put down the losses due to 'injuries'.
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

Terrible shame, he played well on Saturday. Get well soon Manu....
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Whilst Manu's injury is yet another disaster in the discussion above people seem to be forgetting AA and Dan Bowden. Even Ryan Lamb has played at 12 with some success before.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Maybe Geordie can come back for half a season and give us options. We looked very well stocked in the back 5 on paper, until the Gods decide that the playing field needs leveling (no - tipping) to give other clubs a chance.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

One glimmer of good news - Miles Benjamin is due to play in the A Team game this week.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

DickyP wrote:Whilst Manu's injury is yet another disaster in the discussion above people seem to be forgetting AA and Dan Bowden. Even Ryan Lamb has played at 12 with some success before.
Feel more comfortable with the Allen/ Goneva partnership than the Bowden/ Allen one myself, especially when it comes to the "bigger games". Given Scully's performance vs. Falcons and the form of Thompstone and Morris I think Goneva at 13 is the best solution. Bowden was impressive vs. Falcons and I am a big fan of his but the Youngs/ Flood/ Allen axis is crucial and Goneva is the closest player to Manu we have.

Good news about Benjamin, Merc article also mentions that Louis Deacon has returned to training.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I agree PM76 I think Allen/Goneva will be the preferred pairing with Bowden providing bench cover.

It will be an interesting selection headache for Cockers on Sunday.
Soggypitch
Ulster1

Post by Ulster1 »

Watched some of the barn storming runs this season and sorry we won't see him in the flesh at Ravenhill! Ps also a bit relieved but don't tell anyone. Speedy recovery