Katy Perry – ROAR!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Katy Perry – ROAR!

Post by BJ. »

APJones wrote:But I think we could actually follow the fez heads and quins by playing just this bit :-

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar!”

But only after a successful try conversion while the players are reforming for the next kick off
Please! There's enough grounds where 'moron music' is played after a score without us joining in.

As a matter of interest, did anyone else in the Cat Stand notice the distinct lack of ear-piercing volume of the music played at half-time during the Falcons match? All we could hear was the hubbub of conversations of people talking as opposed to having to shout over the usual cacophony. It made a nice change.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

]
APJones wrote:Keep Smoke on the water it's just about the only thing we have as a tradition at WR ( besides I would have to ask one of my kids to change my mobile ring tone )

But I think we could actually follow the fez heads and quins by playing just this bit :-

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar!”

But only after a successful try conversion while the players are reforming for the next kick off
Music after a score ?
Next it will be at every miniscule break in play.

No no no no no nooooooooooooooooo

(blimey, I'm starting to sound like BJ. :smt002 )
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Granby wrote:(blimey, I'm starting to sound like BJ. :smt002 )
Don't worry, me owd. It happens to the best of you in time. :smt002
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

The lyrics are one thing, the song (pretty mediocre), is another. However its the imagery of the video that mystifies me when it comes to suggesting its use at Welford Road. For those who havent seen it, Ms Perry is a comely lady, who uses her physical assets to tame a wild Tiger, such that it then sits passively with a 'Kitty' label around its neck (she also paints an elephant's toenails [pink of course] and brushes the teeth of a crocodile). Entertainment of a sort, but what exactly is the proposed conclusion we are invited to make? Suggestions welcome!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Grimlish wrote: Entertainment of a sort, but what exactly is the proposed conclusion we are invited to make? Suggestions welcome!
Maybe we could make a new video, Cockers can take the role of Katy and the players the role of the tiger. Or maybe just stick with what we have.
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Strangely, at 3.20 minutes of the video (which is probably 3.20 minute too long by this point) there's a plane's propeller which seems to be painted to look like a Tiger's sock! Has this song been deliberately aimed at Tiger's fans in some warped marketing way?

Maybe if the beat was changed and it was sung by a rock band, as a cover version, it might have some merit. Anyone musical out there?
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

mol2 wrote:Yes let's ditch the song that's part of one of the most intimidating "welcome" to a rugby pitch for a wishy washy song by a wishy washy singer.

Whilst I agree whole-heartedly that Ms Perry's music should never be allowed anywhere near Welford Road (the OTHER parts of her on the other hand...) and I love Smoke on the Water, I've never actually encountered anyone who finds it particularly intimidating. traditional, part of the furniture yes, but as for the intimidation factor, I myself found the welcome Leinster gave us in the HC a couple years ago much more intense. we trot out to polite applause, then the opening riffs of GnR's Welcome to the Jungle (surely more fitting for the lair of the Tigers!!) kicked in. and the Timbre and progression of the music, combined with the instrumental build of Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Bass and Drums coming in, builds a fantastic emotional crescendo and wall of sound that comes to a head brilliantly as Axl Rose starts screaming at you. Now I am a self professed music geek, and as such I tend to have a much more emotive response to music than normal people, but whilst sitting in the Aviva, I couldn’t help but think for a brief moment "we're in for a bit of a pasting here!"
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

We very nearly won that match though KN only their pet ref Mr Owens kept them in it!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I wouldn't mind borrowing her Tigers bikini top to keep my ears warm on a cold winters afternoon watching the Tigers. :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

As many fans seem to dislike most, if not all, of the music played before and after a game, I think the club most likely to stick to SOTW as usual and any other stuff would be played at half time or after the game (Shiny Happy People, I Gotta Feeling and so on).
Personally, I find this song rather irritating, it's certainly not one of her best - although my friend's daughter tells me the lyrics and video are meant to imply that Katy is enough to tame any wild beast and strong enough to handle anything.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother