Filbert Street Carpark

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

NaptonTiger
Tiger Cub

Filbert Street Carpark

Post by NaptonTiger »

Sorry if it has been done to death before, but I see that the old football ground parking is now closed (council decision apparently). How does that help me and any of the 100+ car drivers that used to park there every home match? Is there a good alternative?
Is it a crazy decision to reduce parking or am I missing something?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Filbert Street Carpark

Post by fentiger »

We always parked there as well. Was told it's going to be built on.
Parked at the crisp bowl, seemed OK, and it was cheaper than at Filbert Street :smt017
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

A free shuttle bus is running from the Crisp bowl, what is this all about? Its only approx 800 yds walk, no wonder we are becoming a nation of fatties. Who is paying for the provision, cannot believe a service of this kind is needed for such a short walk, who is helping them into their seats, poor dears!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

This carpark was closed because the owners did not have planning permission, and local residents complained. Reported on Radio Leicester weeks ago.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Totally agree with LE18 on this one... a shuttle bus from Walkers to WR - whatever next? 5 minutes walk max. Is there a mobility scooter as they alight at WR that takes them into the stadium followed by a stewards with wheelbarrows and a hoist to then get them into their seat?

Of course any disabled supporters deserve all the help that they can get, but a shuttle bus for a 5 minute walk is verging on the pathetic!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Am I being dense? where is there a mention of a shuttle bus being run from Walkers/King Power to Welford Road? I haven't seen any mention of it.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Crivvens, lots of supporters walk from Grace Rd - come to think of it some managed to 'walk' to the station to catch the train home having bevied up before the train, before the match, during the match and after! I have two fans in mind in particular, one who consumed 8 pints of Guinness during the game that I witnessed, plus the prior bevies he attested to while he could still speak coherently.

If he was sober he could've walked from Nottingham!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Rizzo wrote:Am I being dense? where is there a mention of a shuttle bus being run from Walkers/King Power to Welford Road? I haven't seen any mention of it.

There was one for the Newcastle match, no idea if it is on going.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

A shuttle bus was definitely mentioned in, I think, news about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I also questioned the need for such a short walk!

For reference I've just seen the shuttle bus mentioned again in the email we receive about Matchday.