Manu

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu

Post by sapajo »

tjs10 wrote:I notice that so far nobody has been honest enough to state how they would have reacted had it been Farrell or North who did it instead of Tuilagi.

For the record, anyone claiming to be "offended" by Manu's actions is talking a load of old toss. What he did was stupid & immature, put himself, the club & the sport in general in a bad light but that is all. He embarrased himself, his club & other people by his actions but didn't genuinely offend anyone.
I for one do not give a flying fig about what non Tigers players get upto.

Agreed Manu's action was not offensive but stupid and immature
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Fascinating how one can gauge political position by the content of the post in this thread :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

It was perhaps not a great idea by Manu but hardly warrants the incredible amount of column inches in the press!!

My 3 teenage boys think he's a legend because of this, although they were fans anyway!!

Let's hope he has a great season for Tigers and England.
Soggypitch
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

APJones wrote:It wouldn't have made any difference if it was Blair or Brown or Clegg or any other politician.
Except maybe the Mirror instead of the Mail might have commented.
As for the class distinction utter tosh - IQ level might be a better measure
Agreed. It would just be a different sector of the media claiming indignation if the political persuasions of the PM were reversed.

I only refered to "class" as ZSF introduced it when he suggested it was a "middle class" issue. The media love to make everything about "class" if they can as it stirs up tribalism & that is always good for their sales. Personally I don't consider it a class issue at all. It was an immaturity issue & nothing more.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

jgriffin wrote:Fascinating how one can gauge political position by the content of the post in this thread :smt005
I'd be interested to hear how you gauge my political opinion by the content of this thread! (For the record, I have voted for 4 different parties in the last 4 elections so good luck...)
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well it's obviously all your fault then. :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tjs10 wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Fascinating how one can gauge political position by the content of the post in this thread :smt005
I'd be interested to hear how you gauge my political opinion by the content of this thread! (For the record, I have voted for 4 different parties in the last 4 elections so good luck...)
You are the Vicar of Bray and I claim my five guineas!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

Nope, just different parties suit my preferences depending on the nature of the election and i also occasionally vote for the individual rather than the party.

Unlike some i wouldn't vote for a monkey just because he wears the "correct" colour rosette.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

tjs10 wrote:Nope, just different parties suit my preferences depending on the nature of the election and i also occasionally vote for the individual rather than the party.

Unlike some i wouldn't vote for a monkey just because he wears the "correct" colour rosette.
at least you have a choice, no matter what I do I'm stuck with Keith Vaz
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: at least you have a choice, no matter what I do I'm stuck with Keith Vaz

Whereas, I'm stuck with some bloke who let Manu put rabbit ears on him!
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Old Hob wrote:
Jimmy Skitz wrote: at least you have a choice, no matter what I do I'm stuck with Keith Vaz

Whereas, I'm stuck with some bloke who let Manu put rabbit ears on him!
He at least seems to be doing something, all Vaz seems to do is find his next Photo op
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

sapajo wrote:
tjs10 wrote:I notice that so far nobody has been honest enough to state how they would have reacted had it been Farrell or North who did it instead of Tuilagi.

For the record, anyone claiming to be "offended" by Manu's actions is talking a load of old toss. What he did was stupid & immature, put himself, the club & the sport in general in a bad light but that is all. He embarrased himself, his club & other people by his actions but didn't genuinely offend anyone.
This surely sets a new record low for the boards in having a sly dig at Owen Farrell :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I mean I can understand that he is not everbodies cup of tea as a player, but speculating that he would receive preferential treatment, in the hypothetical situation that he decided to put bunny ears on a leader of state, is somewhat amusing.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

tig1 wrote:This surely sets a new record low for the boards in having a sly dig at Owen Farrell :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I mean I can understand that he is not everbodies cup of tea as a player, but speculating that he would receive preferential treatment, in the hypothetical situation that he decided to put bunny ears on a leader of state, is somewhat amusing.

No, I was suggesting that people may not be so quick to defend the player's actions if it was someone less popular on this board than one of our own players. I bet if it had been Faz instead of Manu then far more people would have been calling for his head.

Personally I don't have a problem with him as a player. I definitely don't think he should have been a British Lion yet but I do think he has a lot of talent for someone of his age & that he will grow into a very good player in due course.

But then again I don't go in for bashing the "pantomime villans" that others on this board seem to do almost as a matter of course.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Then again, on acquaintance, some of the villains are really nice blokes.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

He has stones, doing it to James Bond...