Manu

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tjs10
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu

Post by tjs10 »

jgriffin wrote:Then again, on acquaintance, some of the villains are really nice blokes.
Indeed they can be. In my experience Dallaglio was a really friendly, welcoming bloke in person. (And that was when he was "off-duty" too, not during some corporate event where he was being paid to be nice). As was Matt Dawson.
Jerry Guscott was still an obnoxious *@&% though.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Can not believe there is a 5 page discussion on this, he played a joke Cameron is not bothered it is just an opportunity for people to get on their high horses. If it had been Farrell my reaction would be exactly the same, a chuckle at the photo and then forget it.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

kingol22 wrote:Can not believe there is a 5 page discussion on this, he played a joke Cameron is not bothered it is just an opportunity for people to get on their high horses. If it had been Farrell my reaction would be exactly the same, a chuckle at the photo and then forget it.
Well said :smt023
Question though - what if someone has got a Shetland pony, it's difficult to get on their high horse is it not? :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
kingol22 wrote:Can not believe there is a 5 page discussion on this, he played a joke Cameron is not bothered it is just an opportunity for people to get on their high horses. If it had been Farrell my reaction would be exactly the same, a chuckle at the photo and then forget it.
Well said :smt023
Question though - what if someone has got a Shetland pony, it's difficult to get on their high horse is it not? :smt003
:smt005 :smt005
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

tjs10 wrote:Jerry Guscott was still an obnoxious *@&% though.
I'll agree with that.

Mrs Beej and I bumped into him in Paris a few hours before the 2007 RWC final. We were both wearing Tigers shirts so I made a special point of greeting him with a big smile and a cheery 'Hello Jeremy'. It took him all of his effort just to grunt a 'Hi' in reply.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Unbelievable reaction from the media on this. It would almost be funny if it wasn't dominating the news pages and taking coverage away from what are some of the more serious issues in our game.

I look at 'Bunnygate' and how it measures up to other rugby scandals in my latest post: http://www.ruckedover.blogspot.com

PS, on a side point, at WR this Saturday, please can everyone do bunny ears to one another when Manu runs out?
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Time and time again we here politicians telling us lessons will be lean't. Again we see a politician using sports-people for a personal ego boost, only for it to be turned on its head. (Or bunny fingers if you like. They should stick to what they know best. Snouts in trough. Maybe Manu was being cryptic with the animal theme
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

All I know is, Manu gave me a good laugh whilst reading my paper during my tea break, on another dour Tuesday morning at work :smt003
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

tjs10: Something that might just make you feel better about Jerry Guscott, We went to Bath to watch the JP Morgan sevens finals in its first season & whilst we were waiting to get into the ground he walked past on the towpath, Somebody called out his name as he turned his head to look in the direction of which the call was made He walked into a tree! I gotta say that was the funniest thing I'd seen in while, Best part was after he stepped aside the tree as if it never happened.
Still makes me laugh even now teling you about it.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Seems Manu has had the tables reversed on him on saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ngI5xsLz4
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

And a shorter version made the closing credits of the ITV highlights show...
Butchers Hook
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Butchers Hook »

Will we ever see another picture of Manu without bunny ears?