Referees

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Referees

Post by Tomvarndell »

It wasn't Garner who reffed. it was fox.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tweentown wrote:Austin Healey has just called Greg Garner 'an absolute disgrace' on TV in his after match summing up of the Gloucester vs Saints game. It appears that Mr Garner's performance has again decided the winning team for the second week running.
"controversial penalty" according to the BT Sport twitter feed in that game, Healy wasn't holding back too much last week on Garner
JohnI
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JohnI »

Fox and his officials managed to miss
5 players offside from the restart
The clock on 80 mins before ball drops
Saints claim the ball fairly at the restart and then given a glaws scrum in added time
The ref reset scrum over and over
The ball coming out clearly and taken back in
Before giving a penalty

Heaney for once was spot on in his criticism of the officials incompetence
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Will be interesting to see if Voldemort is called before the beak for visible dissent
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

Tomvarndell wrote:It wasn't Garner who reffed. it was fox.
Apologies - Fox was the ref.

I didn't watch the game, but read the report on the Premiership rugby website which has Garner as the ref - sorry for the confusion and original post now edited
Bring back the rolling maul...and they did
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Officials did screw that one up at the end. Might not see them in a big game for a while. I was fine with them allowing time for the restart, as there was comfortably over a minute left on the clock when the try was scored, and Myler took an age. Offsides at the restart, and the final scrum penalty were massive errors though.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

What a shame for Saints. M. Fox (Leicestershire). :smt003
Soggypitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MJ Chairman wrote:Will be interesting to see if Voldemort is called before the beak for visible dissent
Both him and West lost the plot in full view of the TV camera but I suspect nothing will be done, the RFU like their referees are not known for consistency. I take solice in the manner of their loss it was truly special.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Although nice to see Stains lose, can't help feel they didn't deserve it. I watched the match on BT, and wonder why refs don't go to the video on iffy penalty calls, especially when they are hugely significant?
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

It really is strange. When Tigers complain about referees we get accused of being sore losers and trying to influence their decisions. When others do it, it is because a great injustice has been done to them. The sight of Mallinder and West on the touchline and their actions could be seen as trying to intimidate the referee.

Will those Tigers forum members who aimed so much vitriol at our Coach now concede that you can understand but not condone the behaviour of Cockers. At least Cockers behaviour was due to concern for his captain's welfare and not the actions of petulant schoolboys who cant stand losing!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Garner's performance last week was worse than Fox yesterday. Fox left his biggest mistakes till the end whereas Garner had a mare of a twenty minutes in the first half to hand Bath victory. I find it amazing that Garner was scheduled to ref such a big game yesterday after his poor game last week. I fully expect Fox to get the key tv fixture nest weekend as a reward for taking centre stage.