Croft Out!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Croft Out!!

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

for a comparison last Sunday Robert Griffin III, QB for the Washington Redskins, played after recovering from an ACL and I think MCL tear after just 8 months, this was considered incredibly fast and the recovery time is normally at least 9 months and longer
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Those writing him off are probably a little premature.
He's had his share of injuries but in many ways they are very different and as such he's unlucky rather than carrying a single chronic injury that would make retirement sensible. He's hardly over the hill and had played some fantastic stuff over the past months.

If his ACL repair goes well he should be back for next season.
However it doesn't always go to plan as Harry Ellis shows - his knee got infected and ultimately ended his career.

I know the world cup being around the corner may be a factor but the surgeons don't tend to dive in and repair them immediately (a week or two to let things die down at the least)so you wonder if it perhaps isn't an entirely new injury - had he been carrying it for a while but tweaking it on Sunday pushed him into a decision to have it repaired?
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Tom, don't rush it, and don't despair. You'll be back, fitter and better, in a few months. Look forward to it and do everything you're told. :smt023
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

cornish tigress wrote:Tom, don't rush it, and don't despair. You'll be back, fitter and better, in a few months. Look forward to it and do everything you're told. :smt023
Well said that woman!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

well said CT!
Valhalla I am coming!