Luther Burrell

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Luther Burrell

Post by No6_Flanker »

Just watched back the Saints game, and was very impressed by the performance of Luther Burrell. Always thought he was just a lump, but his pass for the first try was fantastic, and then he made one for Pisi, with a cracking break and give (with the pass in front of the man, a real basic skill that is sometimes lacking, especially when you're haring down the touchline).

Hope he can continue this form, having been with England to Argentina, and possibly throw his name into the mix, in the future.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Luther Burrell

Post by tigerburnie »

Are you sure you're on the right forum here?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Remember they don't have a forum anymore!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Their unoffy saints and sinners is a very bitter place, little wonder the sinners closed their board down,lot of back stabbing.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Yes this is the Tigers forum but surely if a player is playing very well for another team it should be something we can discuss as rugby fans not just as Tigers fans
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

kpj tiger wrote:Yes this is the Tigers forum but surely if a player is playing very well for another team it should be something we can discuss as rugby fans not just as Tigers fans
I agree and I think that the other posters would agree with you as well. It is the last sentence:

"Hope he can continue this form, having been with England to Argentina, and possibly throw his name into the mix, in the future."

that I think set off the "are you a Saints supporter" line of thinking. Would a Tigers fan "hope" that a Saints player gets picked for England? :smt002 :smt003
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

Cagey Tiger wrote:Would a Tigers fan "hope" that a Saints player gets picked for England? :smt002 :smt003
I don't see why not?

1. If you are English, surely you want the best players playing for England, regardless of the club they play for?

2. One more non-Tiger in the England squad means one more Tiger NOT on England duty & therefore available to play for Tigers during international weekends.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

tjs10 wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:Would a Tigers fan "hope" that a Saints player gets picked for England? :smt002 :smt003
I don't see why not?

1. If you are English, surely you want the best players playing for England, regardless of the club they play for?

2. One more non-Tiger in the England squad means one more Tiger NOT on England duty & therefore available to play for Tigers during international weekends.
Quite agree tjs10. My comment was tongue in cheek. We don't have a smiley for that so I tried to get it across with :smt002 :smt003. Ah well, failed miserably :smt001
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

He was at last nights A league game looks smaller than he appears on the goggle box.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

tjs10 wrote:
I don't see why not?

And one more Saint in the England squad means one more Saint out of their matchday squad (which is set to depleted during the international periods, as it is)!
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Manu lite. :smt002