Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Deano being Deano

Post by jgriffin »

Interesting article.
http://tinyurl.com/ptjho6w

NB However El-Megrahi was almost certainly a fall-guy, and the North East has a lot of good rugby teams.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Deano being Deano

Post by kingol22 »

Hopefully he can turn Newcastle into real title contenders and help to get some bigger crowds up there as a result. The league needs a big club up north and he can certainly help that happen.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Losing Gopperth leaves them minus there main playmaker, I fancy them in the mix for going down rather than up.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

It's really good to see him back in the game. He certainly deserved punishing for Bloodgate but it was manifestly unfair that he took all of the hit for cheating that was rife in rugby at that point. Never noticed any of the Wasps managers and coaches (Gatland, McGeechan and Edwards amongst them) getting done for their ridiculous uncontested scrum farces which intruded upon numerous semis and finals over the same period, which to my mind were equally as bad and probably succeeded in changing certain results, unlike Bloodgate.

Hope Newcastle do well, they've also done penance for the initial purchased glory they enjoyed and desrve a break or two this year.
Joe The Tigers Fan
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Yes, good to see him back. Hopefully he has mended bridges with us as well.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

Phil B wrote:Yes, good to see him back. Hopefully he has mended bridges with us as well.

speaking about building bridges, ol' backy seems to be on a bit of a charm offensive on twitter aimed at Tigers? I think maybe he's trying to boast/ improve profile presumably with a view to what comes next for him.
Littletigress

Post by Littletigress »

Looking forward to watching this match tonight. I like Deano and I think his Bloodgate punishment was somewhat harsh. It will be interesting to follow Newcastle's progress this season.

I am so glad we bit the bullet and signed up for BT Sport, although I could have square eyes by the end of the weekend! :smt003