Half-time entertainment this season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Half-time entertainment this season

Post by MrPartridge »

Simple question - what should be the half-time entertainment this year? I can't be the only one bored with the moronic drop goal competition that seems to attract stag parties and clowns wearing loafers. :smt009

Frankly I would prefer to see a quick kids match. Exeter's 'Chase the Otter' can be entertaining and I've always thought our Mascot is under-utilised! Get him on the 22, put 5 kids in kit on the try-line let, blow a whistle and let them all chase him. First one to bring him down wins a prize. Might un-earth a few stars of the future
:smt002
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Half-time entertainment this season

Post by Eon B »

Paint ball mascot hunting.

Failing that a chat about the first half, a run through the programme, a review of the season and a drink. I'm easily pleased. Content to chat about our brilliant team and their progress.

One of the best things about the standing stand is finding someone different to bandy words with each week.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Eon B - I quite like the idea of people hunting the mascot with paintball guns. :smt038 Do it in front of the CAT stand and a few stray shots might wake the supporters sitting there up a bit. Only kidding! :smt002

I'm on the terrace too and agree that it is the best part of the ground to watch from. Much prefer it when you get a few away supporters nearby. Best game for me last year was the Quins SF. Great bunch of Quins lads near us so the banter was good all game and they came back to the bar for a post-match pint and wished us 'all the best' for the final...

Thinking it through I'd prefer no entertainment at all to the drop-goal competition! Most of them appear to have never kicked a rugby ball in their life.
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

The only thing we must absolutely not have is " motivating" music cranked up to a stupid volume.
My last couple of visits to HQ for the sevens was really spoiled and not just at 1/2 time. Every try was followed by music at a level I found uncomfortable if not actually painful.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Judging by the club's facebook post, I think the drop goal competition has been replaced by the Big Boot which is a sort of catapult launching a rugby ball which the competitors then have to catch.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Do we have to be entertained? We are not Sarries, we can talk to our neighbours and find new friends without some seemingly drunken party games on the pitch.

I would happily watch touch rugby, or even a short juniors skills training session on the pitch - anything but party games. Please.
Valhalla I am coming!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

I enjoyed the ultimate friby demo of a few years back!
Tigers - true Champions!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Agreed - no 'drunken games'.

Would happily watch these guys if they are ever in town:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEcFKaOkzS0 (worth a watch all the way through).
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Sign em up! Even with the terrible shorts they're amazing!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

fleabane wrote:Do we have to be entertained? We are not Sarries, we can talk to our neighbours and find new friends without some seemingly drunken party games on the pitch.

I would happily watch touch rugby, or even a short juniors skills training session on the pitch - anything but party games. Please.
I agree with you. However, you must realise nowadays you are not deemed to be enjoying yourself unless you are making a lot of noise or there is a barrage of background noise.

With the invention of the Walkman and its myriad of descendants, we have developed a generation of people who seemingly cannot exist without constant noise/music around them and the art of conversation has suffered accordingly. Therefore, those of us who have retained the ability to hold a coherent conversation with people around us are drowned out at half-time unless we resort to shouting which brings me back to the first point I made.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

30 blokes eating oranges on the field and a marching band for internationals - what was wrong with that?
blocky_head7
Tiger Cub

Post by blocky_head7 »

There was an air ball race in the last year or so...big ball and people inside racing around a set out assault course type thing. I wouldn't mind seeing that every half time! Made me laugh when the guys in the balls fell over!
paul wigston

Post by paul wigston »

[ulist=][/ulist]Everyone stands to stretch their legs so to view entertainment is futile, but please can we have the music volume turned down.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I would prefer it if some kids had a small game of tag, that would be a special day for all of them. Generally though I'm fine as long as I can hear my neighbour talk.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

So, the general view seems to be
1. Turn the music down or off
2. daft stuff is acceptable - so long as not too daft.
3. Mini rugby or something would be good
and
4. TURN THE MUSIC DOWN.

I hope the club listens ( although, given the volume of the music, perhaps they are all deaf)
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina