We Need More Chants!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TomR96
Top Cat
Top Cat

We Need More Chants!

Post by TomR96 »

I think to keep the atmosphere within a stadium, we need more that 2 chants, as to be honest, I think the chant "Tigers...Tigers...Tigers..." is getting a bit old. Compare the English Premiership to the likes of the Top 14, the atmosphere is low. The likes of Toulon and Clermont have one of the best atmosphere in rugby. Even introducing some football themed songs. I thought of: "Your getting mauled by the Tigers, mauled by the Tigers, your getting mauled by the Tigers..." Any other suggestions?
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: We Need More Chants!

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

How about a song about standing up?
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

thebearisstilldeano wrote:How about a song about standing up?
I would prefer "Sit Down" by James.
Could even have a big screen with footage of the Tuilagi family running through the opposition and sitting them down... perhaps not the Lamb ones though!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Many attempts have been made over the years to manufacture a rousing chant at WR but for whatever reason they never stick. It's worth noting that the average age of supporters on the continent seems to be at least a decade younger than the prem, perhaps explaining why their crowds are a bit rowdier.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Maybe the Band (still to come?) will encourage people to join in with something. I expect the "atmosphere" to improve, especially when WR is quiet (which it often is).
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

physiodan wrote:Could even have a big screen with footage of the Tuilagi family running through the opposition and sitting them down... perhaps not the Lamb ones though!
Come on now, they are some of the best. :smt023

Not a particular fan of the Hakka but I thought the Toulon crowd Hakka excellent. We could have one at WR - somebody shouts the lead phrase and the answer could be the sound of plastic cups tapping the side of flasks of soup followed by another call answered by the almost silent but intimidating organised rustle of tartan blankets and the finale of the last call answered by the rousing sound of false teeth sucking on Werther's Originals. Very WR.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
ChooChoo

Post by ChooChoo »

I think physiodan is on to something here. Just thinking of a quick blast of 'Oh sit down, oh sit down, sit down Chris Ashton' as he's put down by Manu (either legally or illegally) has put a smile on my face. Also 'Sit down' seems the perfect response to 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' which we'll be subjected to again this season.
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

Agreed, for all the 'great atmosphere' people go on about, we do have a distinct lack of chants. The older generation argue it makes it like football but I completely disagree. It works for the Irish teams.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

I like the resident house band's chant / song: "This one goes out to the team we love. This one goes out to the LV Champions.. Tiger-er-er-er-ers!" It's sung with gusto after most home games, so enough of us know it: and it's simple to pick up. We can now add our latest success to the 'LV' line!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

thebearisstilldeano wrote:How about a song about standing up?
I think that the implicit reference to a certain Pemiership team who play in black and red has been missed by some posters :smt002
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Baaah Humbug.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

Youngs, Youngs will tear you apart again
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Hate to steal one of our footballing friends but I'm a big fan of "We love you" that the Blue Army belt out at games. It's awesome, very simple, and can be easily started and faded out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvhJVBOiFeI

The lyrics go: "We love you, we love you, we love you, and where you go we'll follow, we'll follow we'll follow, 'cos we support the Leicester, the Leicester, the Leicester, and that's we like it, we like it, we like it, woooooooooaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!"

Obviously a tinker with the lyrics may be in order but I think it's great. My bro and I tried starting it up at the Final after several beers and a couple joined in...
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Words fail. Only smilies can do it justice. :smt022 :smt005 :smt017 :smt030
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

Maybe it would help if the tannoy announcers came on board to try and gee things up a bit when the crowd gets quiet.

I've shouted myself hoarse on occasions, even when fans around me are eating their cheese & pickle sandwiches.

Nothing cheesy and contrived like the 'Stand up for the... !'
Or the 'Come on you Oirish!

Keep it simple and people may just be inclined to join in a bit more.