Montpellier in December, how are we getting there?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Montpellier in December, how are we getting there?

Post by LE18 »

Help would be useful with this one, seems we cannot fly there from anywhere local.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Montpellier in December, how are we getting there?

Post by BJ. »

Why have you started this thread? Was the title of the 'Next Season's Heineken Cup all threads merged here' thread too confusing?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Too much lost in such a large file, this is a specific request for help, and i dont need any abuse from you thank you.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

LE18 wrote:Too much lost in such a large file, this is a specific request for help, and i dont need any abuse from you thank you.
What i think BJ was inferring was that if you do a quick search of the forum, then the following quote will appear which may be of help to you (see quote below). You may then wish to post your question on the same thread too, as you could then reasonably expect others interested in this trip to be monitoring it and reply.
doublecarpet wrote:Well I've booked my flights to Montpellier
So there is someone else going - you could also try sending them a pm ?

Hope this helps :smt023
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

LE18 wrote:Too much lost in such a large file, this is a specific request for help, and i dont need any abuse from you thank you.
It wasn't abuse, it was thinly-veiled sarcasm. May I suggest you read the fourth post on the 'Rules of the Forum, FAQ and other information' sticky at the top of the Fans Forum page?

Thank you Jay C. :smt002
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Regardless of whether you think it will be "lost" - the moderators would request that people please use existing topic threads wherever possible.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Thank you Rizzo, i appreciate the need to keep threads to a minimum, i did read that another reader had booked his flights but these are from Gatwick, very useful if you work in London, but my wife and I are OAPs living in leicestershire and i had hoped that some sensible replies might be posted on a specific request which at this time appears problematical. The existing thread covers all aspects of the cup, i would have hoped that a thread regarding travel to a specific match could have been allowed, and better received by a certain sarcastic poster who is obviously more adept at surfing than me. I look forward to the more enlighten poster's comments as i know they are out there and no doubt willing to give sensible advice.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Following our successful venture to Toulon on Eurostar I think that may well be favourite for Montpellier.

By the time you have travelled to the airport and booked in x number of hours before flight this then adds up to a total travel time not much different to the train!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Thanks Fentiger, thats a possibility that we may consider, how close to Monpellier can we get, i know there is a station there as we had to go by train from Marsellier to Monpellier to get home after the Toulon match.

Glad you enjoyed Treviso, its a super place, we have visited 3 times now, nice city and so close to Venice and Verona.

:smt001
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Now now LE18, 'twas Toulon, not Treviso! Will probably fly if we go too Treviso, though :smt023
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Details are still to be confirmed but Leicester Tigers Away Supporters Club will be organising train travel to Montpellier. We will be travelling by coach to St Pancras and catching the 6.57am train to Lille where are after a short break we will catch the TGV to Montpellier arriving at about 5.00pm (local time).We will spend two nights B/B in a hotel near the station and return on theMonday leaving at lunchtime and arriving back at Welford Road before midnight.
For Ulster we will be travelling on the Friday by coach to Holyhead, ferry to Dublin the coach to Belfast as we did last time check into the hotel in time for a meal before going to the match. We will stay for two nights and will organise an optional trip or visit for the Saturday before returning home on the Sunday.
If you are interested in these or any other away match phone me John Griffiths 0116 2101056 or come to our table in the Captains Bar AFTER any first team match.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

LE18 wrote:Help would be useful with this one, seems we cannot fly there from anywhere local.
For the perpignan game in 2010 we were due to fly from Stanstead to Carcasonne and then drive to Perpignan. That was christmas time and the drive to Montpellier fron Carcasonne is not too far if you don't mind driving on the wrong side.
Crumbie Dweller
Tiger Cub

Post by Crumbie Dweller »

Hi All,

If anyone is interested we are looking to run a coach to Montpelier. Details to be confirmed, but aiming to leave Leicester tea time Friday, arriving in Montpellier early to mid afternoon Saturday for two nights b&b in a centrally located hotel. The coach will be available for travel to and from the game on Sunday if required, then leaving sometime Monday mid-day, aiming to get back into Leicester for breakfast on the tuesday morning.
Please contact Mick on 07958 049210 for further details.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Sorry Fentiger for my misread, my heckles were up at the time.

Many thanks to the other posters, info noted, will discuss with my friends and no doubt action later.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Trains are good especially from the East Midlands which go straight into St Pancras. It's possible to phase your journey too by having an overnight at Lille or a variety of places on the way. Prob get cheaper fares if travelling at less busy times etc.