Rugby on TV with BT?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AJK

Re: Rugby on TV with BT?

Post by AJK »

BT Sport have been quoting for some time, including a tweet today, that their sport channels are not available on Sky Multi-room.
This appears to be a BT decision and not Sky's.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:On another Sky/BT note - if you are a multi room customer then BT only appears to work on the primary device and not on the secondary one. A call is due this evening to Sky tonight to enquire if a second fee is required. It never used to be that way with ESPN so not sure why it should be any different with BT - just hope it is a teething problem.
you have to do it direct with BT and they charge per box so you'd need a second subscription
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Further to my previous post, I have now tried to put in the Emirates cup into record tomorrow, and whilst it was refusing to put the program into the record schedule this morning, it has at least accepted the record now. I wait with baited breath to see whether the record works when I get home tomorrow.
Always a Tiger
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

did a quick test earlier the Sky+ record function is working fine and played back too for me, currently recording the 7s
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

whilst I could watch the 1st round of the 7's on SKY last night - I can't tonight - I too was misinformed - what a swizz
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

APJones wrote:whilst I could watch the 1st round of the 7's on SKY last night - I can't tonight - I too was misinformed - what a swizz

I was unable to watch it on Sky tonight.....had to watch on IPad

Calling BT in the morning!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

APJones wrote:whilst I could watch the 1st round of the 7's on SKY last night - I can't tonight - I too was misinformed - what a swizz
have you not already subscribed to BT sports? they never said it was a freeview weekend
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

As promised, I'm reporting back to say everything recorded perfectly.

However, I was talking with a friend in the pub last night and he said he could access BT Sports though his Sky box without any problems but he couldn't get it to work on his tablet as it kept rejecting the password BT Sports gave him. He thinks it might be a server problem.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
lind

Post by lind »

Got nowhere with Virgin re info on BT sport so tried BT website - gridlocked! Like Talk Talk several years ago when it launched it seems BT are overwhelmed by interest and you can't get through.
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

One thing doesn't change no matter who televised it! That is referees who are determined to be the Star and not the players.Andrew Small was poor last night. Even Ben Kay called it the Andrew Small show.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Bowden Tiger wrote:One thing doesn't change no matter who televised it! That is referees who are determined to be the Star and not the players.Andrew Small was poor last night. Even Ben Kay called it the Andrew Small show.
Very noticeable, the supposed junior Refs just got on with the job. Reckon Tigers got Small twice to give the other teams a better chance, didn't work though, did it?
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

fentiger wrote:Reckon Tigers got Small twice to give the other teams a better chance
I thought that & then told myself I was being paranoid. :smt009 He was the only ref's decisions you noticed in either of the first two days of 7s matches.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Regarding HD - vital IMHO - I did the BT 'check what we might provide you' test and it seems that they can't provide HD to my address! We've had (NTL then Virgin) cable down our street since before I moved in, at least 10 years, so why no HD?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

AJK wrote:BT Sport have been quoting for some time, including a tweet today, that their sport channels are not available on Sky Multi-room.
Since each Sky box has its own viewing card, my friend has been able to register both his boxes separately and therefore his multi-room system works fine with BT Sports. Over the weekend, he successfully recorded different programmes at the same time on both boxes simultaneously, i.e. one BT Sports programme on each box at the same time.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Ads677 wrote:Regarding HD - vital IMHO - I did the BT 'check what we might provide you' test and it seems that they can't provide HD to my address! We've had (NTL then Virgin) cable down our street since before I moved in, at least 10 years, so why no HD?
Are you in a BT Infinity area?