Rugby on TV with BT?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Rugby on TV with BT?

Post by jgriffin »

I can't be bothered having changed from BT to Virgin following a rubbish TV service (really rubbish). In my area it doesn't matter who you have for broadband, service levels are very similar.
I intend to wait for 'illegal' streams on t'internet if I get the urge to watch - I can put it on TV. If none happen because total US legal control of t'internet has happened, I will have other concerns anyway!
I also intend to go to matches!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

tb1 wrote:
daktari wrote:If it helps anyone, I had my broadband with O2 who were then bought out by Sky. Phoned up to say I wanted to cancel my broadband with them and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. For just the cost of my line rental, they will give me phone line, sky TV (the Entertainment + package) and broadband for a year. I can add BT sport for £12 a month.
I had O2 broadband for ~5 years and they didn't offer me anywhere close to that deal.
It's apparently the standard deal they are doing for anyone that had O2 broad band but had never had Sky.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

daktari wrote:
tb1 wrote:
daktari wrote:If it helps anyone, I had my broadband with O2 who were then bought out by Sky. Phoned up to say I wanted to cancel my broadband with them and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. For just the cost of my line rental, they will give me phone line, sky TV (the Entertainment + package) and broadband for a year. I can add BT sport for £12 a month.
I had O2 broadband for ~5 years and they didn't offer me anywhere close to that deal.
It's apparently the standard deal they are doing for anyone that had O2 broad band but had never had Sky.
Well it doesn't make a great deal of difference to me as I would not have accepted any offer they made, but all they offered me was half price fibre broadband for one year (its half price for 6 months for new customers anyway).
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

If it helps, I believe you can watch all the Premiership matches on http://www.premiershiprugby.tv/ - and it seems to be 100% legit!

Think they put them up a few hours after the match finishes, but they're usually better quality than the illegal ones, plus you don't have to worry about the feds turning up!
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

we have SKY with ESPN , SKY have told us we will get the BT sport channels for free in lieu of ESPN

BTW didn't the SKY team and Chris Froome do brilliantly in the Tour de France :smt026
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

APJones wrote:SKY have told us we will get the BT sport channels for free in lieu of ESPN
Free? Or simply paying SKY for BT instead of paying SKY for ESPN? :smt017
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

ESPN finishes and it becomes BT Sport it is done automatically by SKY.

That's what my missus says so it must be true ! (she pays the TV bills)

as I wrote before it is in lieu of ESPN
APJos and pit15
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

APJones wrote:ESPN finishes and it becomes BT Sport it is done automatically by SKY.

I( have Sky and had ESPN they are just cancelling the subscription, you can only get BT Sport from BT
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:
APJones wrote:ESPN finishes and it becomes BT Sport it is done automatically by SKY.

I( have Sky and had ESPN they are just cancelling the subscription, you can only get BT Sport from BT
You don't have to have BT Broadband or anything like that to get BT Sport. If you do have the broadband, BT Sport comes free with it. However, you can also pay to get it added on to whatever Sky package you have, though I don't know if that's an automatic swap for ESPN- I'd have thought you'd have to call up and swap them, though I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

There are also varying reports of ongoing negotiations between BT and Virgin Media to get it added on to the cable channels, though reports on how well this is going/whether it's even going to happen are mixed.

Sorry if I've misunderstood your initial post.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Sky have nothing to do with BT sport, you have to get it directly from BT themselves, Sky have a channel set aside, because they have to for BTS1, 2 and what ever the remnants of ESPN will be but they have nothing to do with supplying it, that's what you can't get multi-room with it and would have to have a separate subscription for each room.

However you are right you do not need to have their internet to receive it
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

For those who don't have/know how to use...............google

http://www.bt.com/sport/index.html?s_ci ... &gclsrc=ds
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Just signed up on line - £12 pm plus one off £15 set up fee. Free HD for a year plus online player and app. plus ESPN.

Lets see how it goes. :smt023
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I watched some of the 7s from Kingsholm last night on BT Sport and overall I was quite pleased with their coverage. However, I sincerely hope the head-mounted camera worn by the referee doesn't become standard. I can see its worth for use in citing hearings but, as a tool to convey images to the public, forget it. Due to the ref running, it's far too shaky and therefore detrimental to good viewing.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

I watched the 7s games from Kingsholm on BTSport on SKY without having to subscribe to BTSport and without having to do anything with SKY

Good coverage the HD was excellent and I agree the ref head cam was a distraction at best but it might be worth while in the proper games at scrum situations as an inset picture to the main TV view.
And it was good to Sam Vesty as coach to the victorious Worcester team

SO - It seems that my previous posting ref automatic change over from ESPN to BTSport at no cost automatically by SKY has been substantiated !
APJos and pit15
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Try it today and it'll be different, yesterday I could get BT Sports on my upstairs box it's now blocked