Post by baz1664 »

Good old sarcasm :smt023
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Henson at it again it seems

Post by jgriffin »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
baz1664 wrote:If cockers can be banned for 9 matches for voicing his disapproval pitch side then Hensen and the chap who decked him should be banned for a season, the CCTV shows a violent outburst in the public domain by two professional rugby players!!
You dont get it do you Baz1664, if it is Tuilagi jumping into the sea the press would be calling for a life ban, breaking a players arm, biting an opponent, getting drunk and fighting in public are acceptable but try and defend your players, wave your arms about without touching someone and you are banned for 9 weeks.
Or slam a player down on his head, dislocating his shoulder;gouging or stamping - the worst you'll get is a couple of weeks if anything, especially if your target is a Lion.
Mind you there are some Welsh supporters who will tweet congratulations to Fearns - if it's Henson or Phillips.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

there's probably a Welsh pop star that will tweet a well done to him also
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:there's probably a Welsh pop star that will tweet a well done to him also
Slight correction - faded Welsh pop star or sshould it be pop tart? By the way the faded does not refer to tan - natural or sprayed :smt023
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Man down/player welfare does seem to be an issue; whoever you are--- bloke, probably too much alcohol, plus blow to the head is now unconscious????? Ho ho very hilarious - how long before anybody attempts a basic first-aid check?

See the story earlier this week on bloke put to bed on stag night v. drunk didn't wake up --- ever.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
baz1664 wrote:If cockers can be banned for 9 matches for voicing his disapproval pitch side then Hensen and the chap who decked him should be banned for a season, the CCTV shows a violent outburst in the public domain by two professional rugby players!!
You dont get it do you Baz1664, if it is Tuilagi jumping into the sea the press would be calling for a life ban, breaking a players arm, biting an opponent, getting drunk and fighting in public are acceptable but try and defend your players, wave your arms about without touching someone and you are banned for 9 weeks.
So what is the impact of a coach being banned from coaching on match days for 9 weeks? Absolutely diddly squat other than he can't sit on his preferred seat.
He can watch the game from elsewhere in the ground and pass on his views via one of the other coaches.

It's not like banning a player for 9 matches.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Cockerill isn't allowed to have any contact with the squad or coaching team on matchday. That means no preparatory contact or any contact during the game. Nor is he allowed in the ground.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:Cockerill isn't allowed to have any contact with the squad or coaching team on matchday. That means no preparatory contact or any contact during the game. Nor is he allowed in the ground.
Presumably mol2 has no qualms over using subterfuge to breach the terms of the ban along with the salary cap.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

h's dad wrote:
Skin_and_Muscle wrote:Cockerill isn't allowed to have any contact with the squad or coaching team on matchday. That means no preparatory contact or any contact during the game. Nor is he allowed in the ground.
Presumably mol2 has no qualms over using subterfuge to breach the terms of the ban along with the salary cap.
h's dad wrote:
Far from it.

I've merely pointed out how easy it is for the salary cap to be circumvented, to the point that any club with sufficient financial clout can run rings around it with impunity, yet remain within the law of the land.

Likewise how can the League prevent Cockers from watching the match on the TV monitor (from anywhere in the world) and make phone call to one of the other coaching staff should he feel the need! That said most of the work is done the days before and preparations for the different scenarios made. Can the league really monitor the phone calls that may go on via bluetooth headsets from one pay as you go mobile to another.
My interpretation of the judgement doesn't read that Cockers may not attend the match, merely that he doesn't do so in capacity of coach and as such may not have any contact withe team, coaches or officials on match days.

I somehow doubt Cockers will do a Rambeni.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

mol2 wrote:Far from it.

I've merely pointed out how easy it is for the salary cap to be circumvented, to the point that any club with sufficient financial clout can run rings around it with impunity, yet remain within the law of the land.

Likewise how can the League prevent Cockers from watching the match on the TV monitor (from anywhere in the world) and make phone call to one of the other coaching staff should he feel the need! That said most of the work is done the days before and preparations for the different scenarios made. Can the league really monitor the phone calls that may go on via bluetooth headsets from one pay as you go mobile to another.
My interpretation of the judgement doesn't read that Cockers may not attend the match, merely that he doesn't do so in capacity of coach and as such may not have any contact withe team, coaches or officials on match days.

What you’ve actually done in your efforts to demonstrate the perfect crime is how easy it is to get caught. With respect, this is clearly not your area of expertise. The secret is knowing what you don’t know.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Cockerill isn't allowed to have any contact with the squad or coaching team on matchday. That means no preparatory contact or any contact during the game. Nor is he allowed in the ground
Shouldn't matter too much IMO as to his credit he has already done most of the hardwork over the past couple of season's developing his players. Quiet bloke's such as Cole, Youngs, Parling, Croft and Allen are showing real leadership qualities added to experienced bloke's like Salvi and Flood the Tigers will be just fine.
Cheery chappy
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

I agree TBD, just pointing out the extent of Cockerill's ban. Flood and Parling are great talkers and Murphy has also demonstrated his ability to 'manage' a squad. Burke provides the continuity on the touchline and gives the impression of being the glue for the team!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

The Boy Dave wrote:
Cockerill isn't allowed to have any contact with the squad or coaching team on matchday. That means no preparatory contact or any contact during the game. Nor is he allowed in the ground
Shouldn't matter too much IMO as to his credit he has already done most of the hardwork over the past couple of season's developing his players. Quiet bloke's such as Cole, Youngs, Parling, Croft and Allen are showing real leadership qualities added to experienced bloke's like Salvi and Flood the Tigers will be just fine.
I hope you're right TBD and S&M. Cockers strikes me a hands on type of manager rather than one who pulls the strings from afar.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

h's dad wrote:
mol2 wrote:Far from it.

What you’ve actually done in your efforts to demonstrate the perfect crime is how easy it is to get caught. With respect, this is clearly not your area of expertise. The secret is knowing what you don’t know.

The answer is obviously for Cockers to hire a light aircraft and trail the appropriate banner from the tail at crucial points. "Take the 3"; "Balmain on at 60", you know the sort of thing. What could possibly go wrong?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

So how did a thread about Henson getting decked by a fellow Barfian end up being yet another thread about Cockers and his inability to engage brain before operating mouth. :smt017. Oh hang on maybe that's the connection?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.