BRITISH LIONS V SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE TEAM

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Gleisondyn

BRITISH LIONS V SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE TEAM

Post by Gleisondyn »

I've heard that some people are suggesting a game between the British Lions and a SH side (new zealand, australia, samoa & fiji).
I think this could be a good idea to be played once every 5 years or so, but with one difference all the money raised to go to charity i.e help for heroes or maybe the fund for the Canterbury earthquake. The games to be played at a different venue each time "twickers", the MILLENNIUM stadium as well as southern hemisphere venues. Is there anyway I can raise a petition or something to try to get this off the ground. If anybody can help please get in touch.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: BRITISH LIONS V SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE TEAM

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Gleisondyn wrote:I've heard that some people are suggesting a game between the British Lions and a SH side (new zealand, australia, samoa & fiji).
I think this could be a good idea to be played once every 5 years or so, but with one difference all the money raised to go to charity i.e help for heroes or maybe the fund for the Canterbury earthquake. The games to be played at a different venue each time "twickers", the MILLENNIUM stadium as well as southern hemisphere venues. Is there anyway I can raise a petition or something to try to get this off the ground. If anybody can help please get in touch.
2015 is the centenary of the Allied landing at Gallipoli and an ANZAC XV v Allied Forces XV has been suggested as a possibility. Irrespective of the fundamental historical inaccuracy here, that'd be entertaining (of course, it would be a bit of an embarrassment if Australia and New Zealand showed up to play a German/Turkish combined team!).

I imagine if this is to happen, it is already being planned.