New Kit & Training Kit all threads merged here

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AlphaWiseOwl

What is happening to our Tigers kit?

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Have just seen the alternate kit and cannot believe how this could possibly have been approved. How can you get excited about this or wear it with pride? It looks like it has been designed by Pringle for the golf course. Alongside the incredibly dull home shirt we now have, which looks like a school gym kit, Tigers (the Champions) have the most unattractive strip in the Premiership. It all went downhill when CCC took over from Cotton Traders. As you might imagine, I won't be buying and will stick with my hooped jersey, to which we should return as soon as is contractually possible. Whilst I accept that strip changes bring in revenue, if this is the best design that can be conjured up by professionals, I suggest asking the creative types at any of Leicester's three Universities so see if they can do better - I suspect they could. Ideas are clearly in short supply at CCC. Disappointed, very disappointed.
Grumpy of Crumbie

Re: What is happening to our Tigers kit?

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

I love it and therein lies the problem!
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

Love it! Love it! Love it!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Don't knock it - it's saving me a lot of money....
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Grumpy of Crumbie wrote:I love it and therein lies the problem!
This.

It divides opinion but all the Canterbury kits have done - I for one like both of the new ones and will be treating myself to a new home shirt in the near future.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Its a matter of opinion, and you are always going to get moaners when they try something different. At least this one is club colours! I think its growing on me.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Darc Tiger wrote:Its a matter of opinion, and you are always going to get moaners when they try something different. At least this one is club colours! I think its growing on me.
I couldn't agree more. :smt001
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Really didn't like last year's kits, home or away (although the third/euro kit was ok). This year's home kit is a bit meh. I wouldn't wear the away kit but I can understand that some people would like it and to be fair it's a bit different. I've always found Canterbury kits to be a bit rubbish in terms of design (have you seen the Scotland change kit :smt009 ) although the quality is generally good.

Where Canterbury are very good is all the surrounding clothing. I thought the tigers baselayer last year was a belter, and the training tops looked great. They do some very inventive tshirt designs as well and their waterproofs and jackets are usually nicely styled. I just wish they'd get some proper kit designs going as all of that doesn't make up for poor shirts.

Or perhaps they're lining us up for a real classic tigers shirt next year and expecting to sell loads of them as we'll all be hungry for a proper kit.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

I don't see the problem with the new kit - I am an absolute traditionalist (stuck in my ways I hear being shouted) and thought the Tiger stripe monstrosity a huge mistake as well as an eyesore. However, this new alternate kit pattern of hashed colours is very much a traditional style - very similar to the pattern I wore at school more than half a century ago! More importantly after maroons, pale blues, grey(whoops I mean platinum) and looks-like-it-ran-in-the-wash turquoise etc last season it is RED, WHITE and GREEN!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

AlphaWiseOwl wrote:Have just seen the alternate kit and cannot believe how this could possibly have been approved. How can you get excited about this or wear it with pride? It looks like it has been designed by Pringle for the golf course. Alongside the incredibly dull home shirt we now have, which looks like a school gym kit, Tigers (the Champions) have the most unattractive strip in the Premiership. It all went downhill when CCC took over from Cotton Traders. As you might imagine, I won't be buying and will stick with my hooped jersey, to which we should return as soon as is contractually possible. Whilst I accept that strip changes bring in revenue, if this is the best design that can be conjured up by professionals, I suggest asking the creative types at any of Leicester's three Universities so see if they can do better - I suspect they could. Ideas are clearly in short supply at CCC. Disappointed, very disappointed.

Well said totally agree, its dull, boring and uninspiring its design is lacklustre and devoid of any flair. CCC must do better if they want to sell expensive kit. The only thing that matters to them is profit and I have no doubt that this kit will not deliver much of that!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I quite like this new alternative kit, I hated the Tiger stripes and would have refused to wear one even if it was a gift. The new kits are both acceptable to me so if my kids are reading this my birthday is in November just a few weeks before Christmas.
When I look around me at a Tigers match I see very few who are obvious fashion gurus, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am sure there will be enough fans buying the new shirts to satisfy the accountants at Canterbury and Kitbag.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Will have to wait and see if they produce a classic version of it though - hate shirts without collars - they are for the beach and gardening only.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
jonnyatom5

Post by jonnyatom5 »

Who ever imagined a chain link fence design was a good idea? It's certainly 'out there' in terms of it's marmite factor. I for one, for the first time EVER completely dislike it. I've seen the design value in all of the other kits, but this fails in my eyes.

Then again, as the saying goes, "opinions are like ..."
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit & Training Kit all threads merged here

Post by sam16111986 »

Can't really see the fuss over the new away strip. It's pretty basic in that it's a white t shirt with thin lines of colour. I'd prefer it if the stripes were horizontal as opposed to diagonal but this is a vast improvement on last season's attempt.

Can't agree with those calling it marmite as it's pretty much as inoffensive as Canterbury could make it and contains our traditional 3 colours. Not sure I like it enough to buy one, white is always a risky shirt colour when it comes to wear and tear.
bigdaz2170

Re: New Kit & Training Kit all threads merged here

Post by bigdaz2170 »

Would love to know who actually designs our home & away kit. I think they need a slap with a soggy sock. :smt019