Wallabies v Lions - 3rd Test

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Wallabies v Lions - 3rd Test

Post by youngtiger »

Welshy, don't go away. I don't necessarily agree with what you said, but to quote a member's signature on here, that is in an inaccurately attributed quote to Voltaire (It's actually a quote from a biographer Evelyn Beatrice Hall) "I disapprove of what you say...etc. etc." Though if you could smooth out that chip on your shoulder about us being "supremacists", that would be nice.

Personally I think Phillips started really quite well: abrasive, some surprisingly good distribution as well, and he did well with the quick tap leading to the first try. Then he slowed down and removed a lot of the impetus from the backs' play. I can't tell if you're being tongue-in-cheek saying that he did this to intentionally tire them out...bit odd. It didn't even help them to retain possession, as his slowing the ball down led to loss of the ball in their 22. His kicks also consistently went too far, and gave them their few opportunities to counter-attack and actually look dangerous.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

welshy08 wrote:Never.
I will never go away.

I will live here...as a reminder to how right I was..about everything forever.
I will be like a black cancer on your english supremacist hearts.
Look sunshine, my wife survived cancer and I am part Welsh. I will happily shove your membership of this forum if you bother to turn up for the Wuss match - unless of course you want to apologise profusely?
The question is....are you a keyboard warrior or a warrior?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Welshy that remark is hurtful and ridiculously over the top. Jokes about cancer are most definitely not welcome on this forum. Please abide by the rules in future and don't post that kind of thing or it will be removed.

jgriffin - I appreciate your ire in response to that comment, but threatening another user is also unacceptable - and your post implies a threat or issues an invitation to fight. please don't do this again.

May I remind ALL users that the rules of the forum are quite clear and are posted at the top of this forum. Any further posts in the vein of the two I refer to above will be edited or removed. All users are allowed to post provided they keep within the rules. Failure to do so will result in a weeks ban.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Sorry, heat of the moment and a sponsorship by KY fuelled a moment of idiocy. :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Gleisondyn

Post by Gleisondyn »

Well played BRITISH Lions, brilliant result. It doesn't matter if you are WELSH, english, irish or scottish. That was a great performance by every squad player and back room staff. I'm even tempted to buy a Lion shirt.

Gatland got it right then,I even had a moan about him picking 10 WELSH men. Still think BoD should have been on the bench.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

The absence of an apology from Welshy is notable.

My wife too is in remission from Cancer.

Perhaps he (Welshy) mught like to meet Cockers in the Car Park!

:smt006

Just a joke Rizzo - reminiscent of Nobby's threat (see other thread)

:smt005
Still keeping the faith!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Will the mods on this forum please remove Welshy's 'cancer' remark and warn him. Possibly the most I inappropriate comment on the forum in the 2 years I have used it. Pathetic.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I managed to hear the game as I was at work. My main concern was that Parling would be slated if we lost, but no chance. True Lion. The progress that TY has made is nothing short of amazing. Centre to hooker to Lion...not bad. Really proud to have 6 Lions in our team :smt030 :smt030

Welshy, your remark was in the poorest taste. This isn't a football forum. Think before you type.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

And he has posted since but not apologised. the measure of the man. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95