BT television "rugby club"

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

BT television "rugby club"

Post by tigerburnie »

Seems a meeting was held at Quinns to explain what is coming on the BT rugby channel.
This lifted from their unoffy.

O/T BT Forum last night new

Posted by: Monte (IP Logged)

Date: 28 June, 2013 11:20

Will Carling moderated and as well as BT production team Craig Doyle was there. In brief

There will be a 2 hour 'Rugby' programme on Wednesday evenings and will probably feature a different Club each week (as there will be 12 of these). 'Local' rugby clubs will be invited to participate at the Olympic Park studio (will it always be Sarries?) each week and they are looking for audience participation, player participation,DOR participation. We suggested Ref participation!! The fact they are also looking for supporters to go to the studio for the matches it sounds as though for the first season quite a bit will be in the studio rather than at the ground.

3 Rugby matches a weekend (except for 6 nations and H cup weekends) Friday evening, Saturday 3 pm and Sunday. Sundays will include highlights of all the weekends matches and anticipate player participation and a DOR. Commentary and general atmosphere will continue along the lines of ESPN ie trying to keep the rugby atmosphere.with plenty of banter. Highlights on ITV likely to continue although I guess without Craig and Martin Bayfield.

The rugby production team are obviously keen for Virgin customers to have access and they maintain on both sides negotiations still going on. However as I have posted elsewhere that is not the story coming out on the Commercial side from inside sources.

They have done 2 forums us and Bath. I think everyone knows who the team are and they have 2 commentators Nick Mullins and Alastair Ekin and there will be 2 summarizes or comments boffins for each match to ensure scrum and rucks etc are not ignored!! They are in this for the longterm and believe that you can grow Rugby by having personalities fronting it ie posters with Chris etc on. There will be a dedictated ap/web site.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: BT television "rugby club"

Post by fleabane »

Apart from Dayglo, do we know who the team are?
Valhalla I am coming!
Artuin
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: BT television "rugby club"

Post by Artuin »

A chance for this to 'mature' over the season could work out for fans. :smt001