George North

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

George North

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Delon Armitage was condemned on here for his gestures in the process of scoring a try but it seems strange that no one is up in arms on here about North's gesture towards Genia while scoring his try. Is this a case of double standards?

Has North acquired the traits required to be a Saints player already? :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: George North

Post by kpj tiger »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:Delon Armitage was condemned on here for his gestures in the process of scoring a try but it seems strange that no one is up in arms on here about North's gesture towards Genia while scoring his try. Is this a case of double standards?

Has North acquired the traits required to be a Saints player already? :smt003
I have to admit it has surprised me that there has barely been anything said about it, it was almost identical to what Delon did but i believe that Delon only got picked up on what he did because of his past disciplinary record and everybody loves to make a fuss when the "bad guys" strike again, On the positive side i think North actually apologized within a few days whereas it took Delon about a week didn't it ?
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

I commented at the time that it ruined a good try; it wasn't necessary.

KPJ has got it right though; North's record and expeditious apology were in his favour.

Armitage also abused Brian Moore after he expressed his opinion on Twitter and only apologised after it became clear he came across as a fool.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

North has apologised and the rest of the Lions have been giving him some since(can't remember where I read it to post a link, might have been the beeb).
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
SuperEagle
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by SuperEagle »

Personally, I don't care about bit of taunting. Mind games always play a part in sport, and far too much has been made of what Delon and George have done.

I always used to say "welcome to the game" when I made a hit on my opposite man and who remembers David Campese waving the ball at the cover defense when they tried and failed to get across to him?