Lions v Oz

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Lions v Oz

Post by TigerAlex »

PJ_BECKS wrote:Rumours: Vunipola, Parling, Lydiate, B. Youngs and Bowe to start with O'Brien on the bench.
It will be interesting to see how the much-vaunted Adam Jones (aka the unfit waste of space when there isn't a scrum happening) does with Vunipola as his loosehead, and then we'll see if Cole can do any better with Grant.

How good is the source? I feel that Lydiate starting is unlikely given that he played for so long on Tuesday. Benching again, perhaps (though O'Brien is the better bench option anyway). Also, it makes a lot of changes from a winning team (even if the win was lucky). Of course, that's not mentioning all the other reasons to have Croft start over Lydiate.
PJ_BECKS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PJ_BECKS »

[quote="TigerAlex"][quote="PJ_BECKS"]Rumours: Vunipola, Parling, Lydiate, B. Youngs and Bowe to start with O'Brien on the bench.[/quote]

It will be interesting to see how the much-vaunted Adam Jones (aka the unfit waste of space when there isn't a scrum happening) does with Vunipola as his loosehead, and then we'll see if Cole can do any better with Grant.

How good is the source? I feel that Lydiate starting is unlikely given that he played for so long on Tuesday. Benching again, perhaps (though O'Brien is the better bench option anyway). Also, it makes a lot of changes from a winning team (even if the win was lucky). Of course, that's not mentioning all the other reasons to have Croft start over Lydiate.[/quote]

Not sure how good the source is but talk about Croft being on the bench as 2nd row cover. Phillips could miss out with knee trouble. Team announced in the early hours.
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

So the rumors were correct. Certainly can't say that Gatland doesn't make big calls.

On balance i feel he is correct. Losing POC is a big blow physically, and add in that they have left out Phillips, and without Roberts. So for me the substitution of Lydiate for Croft has some justification.

Interesting no Manu on the bench.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

suppose Manu doesn't cover enough positions and neither do BOD or Davies, this is why I said the other day i fear he won't see any test game time
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Locking this thread. Please continue discussions on Wallabies v Lions - 2nd Test

http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... =1&t=36660

Thanks

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk