Croft, Tom Youngs only as starters....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Croft, Tom Youngs only as starters....

Post by fortysix »

Willing to bet only Tom Y and Croft will start Test with Cole and Ben Y as benchers. Seems Manu is No 4 on pecking order. Hope Geoff can force his way in on Tuesday.
The backs lost all fluency when Farrell came on, kicking away 40% of his possession. God help us if Sexton gets injured...
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Croft, Tom Youngs only as starters....

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tom Youngs and Croft look in pole position for starting spots. What a season for Tom Youngs. Unbelievable.

Cole and Ben Youngs look set for the bench, and Parling has a good shout for the bench as he seems to be the 2nd lineout leader, and has performed well. Manu has a good chance of a shirt too, if he plays well on Tuesday. Roberts being injured could bump him to start, or could be the perfect impact sub.

I think we can be happy with that. Great representation from our boys.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

looks like Roberts may be out but the way Davies has played can he really not start?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:looks like Roberts may be out but the way Davies has played can he really not start?
The style of play does require a big ball-carrier at 12, interesting to see in Manu is fit for a run out in the next game.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:looks like Roberts may be out but the way Davies has played can he really not start?
Yes. It's not about the picking best 23 players and fitting them in where you can: it has to be about combinations that will work to create the best team, and Manu and BOD as a combination has had some success this series. Has Davies played with BOD so far? I can't recall but may well have forgotten.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

drc_007 wrote:
The style of play does require a big ball-carrier at 12, interesting to see in Manu is fit for a run out in the next game.
I was thinking more about BOD losing his place
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Of the six Tigers there...
The brace of Tom's should definitely be starters
Ben, Dan and Geoff should be, at least, on the bench
The only one that may struggle to gain a place is Manu - but that, I think, really depends on how his shoulder holds up - and,of course, BOD!

As an aside, I would love to see the B.L.'s (without the Tigers sextet) versus the Tigers!!!!
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Let's all hope that all,our lads become capped LIons even if it is off the bench :smt023 :smt038
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Manu's reported to have a stinger injury, if fit I would expect him to start alongside BOD, I think we will have 3 start and 3 on the bench.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
SimonP in Surrey

Post by SimonP in Surrey »

Seems to have gone quiet about Manu shoulder ? If Roberts is crocked then Manu would seem to almost like for like and Manu went well with BOD. However Davies was very good yesterday.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Manu is not even in the 23 for Tuesday so there's absolutely no chance (IMHO) of him starting on Saturday.

If his shoulder is compleyely mended however there is a bench possibility, I can't see Roberts being fit in which case Davies and BOD will start and rightly so. Davies had a stormer yesterday.
Soggypitch
SimonP in Surrey

Post by SimonP in Surrey »

IMHO I don't see the logic ... Virtually all of the Tuesday 23 will not start on Sat and Manu has been training .... That being said Davies / BOD would be good .... Just lacking the BOOSSHH ... That Gats likes
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

That fanatical Tigers fan Stephen Jones gave TY only a '6' for his performance yesterday. Seems he prefers Hibbard, who just happens to be W.........!
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Some only see what they want to see
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I don't like the combo of Davies and BOD, and so I would hope Manu pairs with BOD instead. I can see Manu being fit though, it's clear that Gatland is deeply worried about any more injuries to his starting backs (hence the call up of Wade, Williams, 36 and Barritt). I think that he is resting Manu and BOD to start the first test, at least I hope so anyway.