alex cuthbert

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

alex cuthbert

Post by barwelltiger »

think this guy would be a quality signing, does anyone know when his contract at blues expires if we could get him in our back three would be looking so strong and imagine if we could get halfpenny too
barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: alex cuthbert

Post by barwelltiger »

all fantasy of course just trying to make convo
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

There are a lot of wingers I would rather have than Cuthbert, IMO he is a great finisher but not much else, I would be more happy to see Maitland, Zebo or somebody like Marlon Yarde
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'm more than happy with the ones we have, especially if Benjamin recovers fully. No 7 is a different matter............ :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Can't defend to save his life. Not just a poor tackler, often in completely the wrong place to even try to make a tackle. No thanks. If you want someone of that description ask for Tim Visser.
barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by barwelltiger »

cant defend but finds himself as near certain starter for the lions and tim visser isn't even on the tour... so why not just have alex Cuthbert he also is a better finisher!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

barwelltiger wrote:cant defend but finds himself as near certain starter for the lions and tim visser isn't even on the tour... so why not just have alex Cuthbert he also is a better finisher!
So you’d have Cuthbert over Visser because Cuthbert is in the Lions squad? Does this reasoning mean that you’d swap Flood for Farrell?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Cant we all just agree that Cuthbert and Visser are both rubbish ? :smt002 :smt003
barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by barwelltiger »

h's dad wrote:
barwelltiger wrote:cant defend but finds himself as near certain starter for the lions and tim visser isn't even on the tour... so why not just have alex Cuthbert he also is a better finisher!
So you’d have Cuthbert over Visser because Cuthbert is in the Lions squad? Does this reasoning mean that you’d swap Flood for Farrell?
No didn't mean it like that? Farrell is only there cause of his dad! I rate cuthbert as a better player personally and has more potential if you can as biffer said sort his defence out Cuthbert will become a class winger!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kpj tiger wrote:Cant we all just agree that Cuthbert and Visser are both rubbish ? :smt002 :smt003
Why not???

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by barwelltiger »

What I was trying to say was he can't be that bad as you were all saying cause he is near enough certain to start the first test
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

barwelltiger wrote:What I was trying to say was he can't be that bad as you were all saying cause he is near enough certain to start the first test
Baring in mind he is part of the same lions squad that contains such class as Matt "Fatty" Stevens and did contain Dylan Hartley, he is only there because he scored a few try's in the 6 nations and if it wasn't for Bowe's injury he wouldn't be any where near the starting 23, as i said IMO he is a good finisher but not much else
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Sounds like you are describing Tom Varndell then?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Last saturday, Cuthbert looked completely out of his depth. Multiple errors, and a facial expression that said "help". A waste of space.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Have to agree, I'd prefer Maitland, much better skill levels, pace, power and able to cover wing, 15 and 13. Wing is not so much of an issue for us right now, but I still have reseravtions about our depth at 15 and centre, and obviosuly prop and 7, but this thread is about Cuthbert, deviating to wingers/back 3 in general.