England V Argentina

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

England V Argentina

Post by mol2 »

Was that a below strength Argentina side?
If not it was an impressive display from England.

Burns, Morgan and Twelvetrees had big games, along with all the front row. (Is Marler learning to scrummage?) Kvesic played like a proper 7.
Obviously Morgan is the established 8 but I really do hope that Burns and 36 keep their places when the Lions return.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: England V Argentina

Post by Soggypitch »

It was far from a full strength Pumas side.

Having said that the first half display was excellent but the 2nd half was really poor with a string of penalties and needless kicking away of possession.

Hopefully the Argies will pick a stronger team next week, and also hopefully we can improve our discipline.

I would make 2 changes; Yarde for Strettle and Eastmond for Joseph.
Soggypitch
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Good first half, and I don't know who gave the half-time team talk but perhaps they should keep quiet.
If Argentina had a goal-kicker it could have been interesting, I think England were lucky to only have one yellow in the second half.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well for me it won the most boring match of the day award. Seemed to be little intensity in the game or the spectators, it reminded me of those Churchill cup games played in a half empty stadium in some non-descript town in the US. TV coverage was also pretty hopeless which didn't help, par for the course for the BBC.

Really only confirmed what I already knew which is that 12T should be starting at 12, Morgan is the best option at 8 and Launchbury is improving with each game.

As for the others - no-one really staked a claim to move up the pecking order.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

G.K wrote:Well for me it won the most boring match of the day award. Seemed to be little intensity in the game or the spectators, it reminded me of those Churchill cup games played in a half empty stadium in some non-descript town in the US. TV coverage was also pretty hopeless which didn't help, par for the course for the BBC.
I would guess the TV feed came from an Argentinian TV company. At times, it's sounded as if the commentary team were not at the match and were in fact back in the BBC studios. I only watched the last 15 minutes and yes, it was the worst match I watched yesterday.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

BJ. wrote:
G.K wrote:it was the worst match I watched yesterday.
me too - woeful commentating
cheers
Rich
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Butler and Andy Robinson were commentating and were shown pre-match pitchside!
I, too, thought the broadcast was awful, another waste of licence fees.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

drc_007 wrote: I think England were lucky to only have one yellow in the second half.
With three Saints on the field, fair comment.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wade showed what an exciting player he is. Why oh why did they change tactics in 2nd half, kicking away all possession, after so much running rugby in first half.

When will england realise Strettle is not international class, as for Lawes, did not take long for brainless lightweight Lawes to get himself yellow carded.
Chunter
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Chunter »

Andy Robinson's microphone technique was abysmal. Every 'p' was accompanied by a thumping sound.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Chunter wrote:
Andy Robinson's microphone technique was abysmal. Every 'p' was accompanied by a thumping sound.
Did he P on the microphone?
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Rinzler
Tiger Cub

Post by Rinzler »

I'm still trying to get my head around that bizarre piece of refereeing after the hooter, blowing his whistle to check if the try was legit before Vunipola had actually scored it.
StaffordTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by StaffordTiger »

For me Wade and Twelvetrees stuck out the most after watching the game, couldn't hear the commentary as we were in a crowded pub in London. Usually I'm quite happy with the commentary the BBC provide for the 6 nations so this has come as quite a surprise everyone is disappointed.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

StaffordTiger wrote:Usually I'm quite happy with the commentary the BBC provide for the 6 nations so this has come as quite a surprise everyone is disappointed.
Eddie Butler. That was enough for me to turn the sound off. Other 6N commentators don't bother me too much, even 'Jiffy' Davies, but Butler arrrgggghhh

"I 'ate you Butler"
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

StaffordTiger wrote:Usually I'm quite happy with the commentary the BBC provide for the 6 nations so this has come as quite a surprise everyone is disappointed.
Eddie Butler. That was enough for me to turn the sound off. Other 6N commentators don't bother me too much, even 'Jiffy' Davies, but Butler arrrgggghhh

"I 'ate you Butler"
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.