What do Sarries fans think?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Grannyman

What do Sarries fans think?

Post by Grannyman »

We all know that Farrell is lucky to be on the Lions tour, and he showed exactly that yesterday. His performance was poor in my opinion (though not uncharacteristically). So, to double check that I dont just have my Tigers goggles on, I went on the Sarries website in search of some Barnet based opinions. Now, I couldn't find a forum or message board on there for love nor money, do they have one? Does anyone know if they are blind to the tripe that we saw yesterday?

On a seperate note, Phillips has made it very difficult for Youngs, I'd be very surprised to see our lad picked to start a test (early to say that I know, but I think we all know that wasn't a performance out of character by the Welshman).
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: What do Sarries fans think?

Post by BJ. »

Try here.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Mixed opinions on Sarries forum, but more supporting Faz and condemning Brits than the other way round.

(Forum looks very messy 'though!)
Valhalla I am coming!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

What do Sarries fans think? That's a silly question, Sarries fans don't think! They have to be lined up and told to march and wave their hands about! :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:What do Sarries fans think? That's a silly question, Sarries fans don't think! They have to be lined up and told to march and wave their hands about! :smt003

Does anybody really care?
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

^Not a lot. I don't mind Farrell reacting to someone punching him in the face, but waving ect is the exact kind of pathetic behaviour that comes from the Saracens culture.

His performance was pretty rubbish. Phillips' was very good, but I'm trying to think how any scrum half could have possibly had a bad game with that kind of an armchair ride. The Baabaas defence and work from the front 5 in particular was awful.
Old Tight Head
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Old Tight Head »

BJ. wrote:Try here.
I'm still struggling to stop myself laughing after reading this...

"Dolph, the logical conclusion of your arguments is that anything goes so long as you get away with it. That's not a sport I want to be associated with, and I firmly believe it's not the Saracens way"
Cut me and I bleed red, green and white...
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Just been on their forum - deluded or what? This isn't a Flood v Farell argument which they allude to. Its just that Faz jnr isn't up so the mark. And before any one suggests it I'm not saying that it's a Tigers v Safas thing it's just that Owennis over hyped and not up to the mark
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

rocktop51 wrote:Just been on their forum - deluded or what? This isn't a Flood v Farell argument which they allude to. Its just that Faz jnr isn't up so the mark. And before any one suggests it I'm not saying that it's a Tigers v Safas thing it's just that Owennis over hyped and not up to the mark
But his Dad is influencial!!

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Still keeping the faith!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I do recall Alessana & Lewis had a punch up playing internationally, although I don't think either were waving to the ref!
Perhaps not one we should gloat about.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

mol2 wrote:I do recall Alessana (sic) & Lewis had a punch up playing internationally, although I don't think either were waving to the ref! Perhaps not one we should gloat about.
Alesana and Lewis's punch up was initiated by Mark Cueto being taken out in the air, not by some petulant shirt-grabbing.

Relive the moment courtesy of Youtube
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

rocktop51 wrote:Just been on their forum - deluded or what? This isn't a Flood v Farell argument which they allude to. Its just that Faz jnr isn't up so the mark. And before any one suggests it I'm not saying that it's a Tigers v Safas thing it's just that Owennis over hyped and not up to the mark
I haven’t found others to be quite so derogatory about Farrell on other clubs forums’ current threads. I’ve only had a quick look but are you sure you are quite as impartial as you seem to be claiming?

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, just trying to be devil’s advocate.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

h's dad wrote:
I haven’t found others to be quite so derogatory about Farrell on other clubs forums’ current threads. I’ve only had a quick look but are you sure you are quite as impartial as you seem to be claiming?

Others don't have a quality English fly half against which to compare Farrell and therefore are not in a position to make comment. When all you see is a donkey another donkey looks the same!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
h's dad wrote:

Others don't have a quality English fly half against which to compare Farrell and therefore are not in a position to make comment. When all you see is a donkey another donkey looks the same!
So "This isn't a Flood v Farell argument" but only Tigers fans are qualified to comment because Nick Evans isn't English (or Welsh or Scottish or Irish as we're looking at the Lions and excluding Nick) and nobody else is any good.

Received and understood.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

IMO Tigers possess two better 10's in Flood and Lamb. This was the case last season also with Flood and Ford. Farrell is a good player but he is nowhere near being the best English fly half in world rugby. Much is made of his defence but I think even this area is overrated and some of his habits are tiresome. It is not a saffas thing for me, he simply would not even be in my top ten of English qualified 10's.
Flood
Burns
Steenson
Ford
Hodgson
Wilkinson
Lamb
Myler
Goode
Cipriani
Slade
Cheery chappy