Crowsons appraisal of the Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: Crowsons appraisal of the Tigers

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Bill W (2) wrote:This is the same Bill who "Kept the Faith" throughout!

And refused to avvept the happy clappers assetins that second best was good enough

:smt009 :smt009 :smt009
On the contrary, this is the Bill that had no faith. The happy clappers were confident the team and the coaches would come good. Of course the doom-mongers will say it was their demands which magically forced the team and coaches to perform. You demanded and just because the team delivered a victory it is all nicey nicey, but i can imagine the vitriol if we had somehow lost the final!

Have a good summer and let's all get ready for a new exciting season.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Look forward to next season, I will continue as ever to keep the faith!

:smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Still keeping the faith!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Bill, what do you mean by "Keep the faith" ?

You have little faith in our coaches or many of our players, as expressed very often ( as is your absolute right of course) but your "catchphrase" does seem to be somewhat at odds with your low expectations of our club's likely success.
What are you keeping the faith IN exactly ? Real question BTW.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Again another of my posts have been removed as being offensive when responding to the type of post below, which it would appear is perfectly acceptable?
BJ. wrote:Please don't rattle their cages. It's been nice and quiet for a day or two.
I have resorted to that kind of response recently simply because it appears to me that there is a small number of posters on here who simply cannot or will not accept any criticism of our club, no matter how well intentioned or justified. And simply will not respect either the people or their right to make those comments.

Yes on Saturday we were crowned champions again, once more I was there shouting myself hoarse, was euphoric in victory, was proud of our players and their performance. And I'm still over the moon now. I don't know what part of that the likes of TigerBurnie etc do not understand.

However and its a big however. How anyone can look at the events of Saturday involving RC's 'haranguing' of the officials during the game, and the subsequent damaging media response to it since, and then proclaim that nothing is wrong, that nothing in the management can be improved. Yet at the same time be prepared to hang Dylan Hartley out to dry for his comments to the official is beyond me.

The comment I made in response to the offensive inane comment by BJ above, TigerBurnie etc compared them to Ostrich's and I stand by it!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

BJ isn't being abusive, but from what I remember from your own vitriolic reply you were using language that was against the sites rules. Seems you and Mr Cockerill have more in common than you can see, perhaps you should look to your own behaviour before haranging others on a family website, just a thought.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Is anybody saying everything is perfect ? is anybody saying that there is no room for improvement ?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Crumblies wrote:Again another of my posts have been removed as being offensive when responding to the type of post below, which it would appear is perfectly acceptable?
BJ. wrote:Please don't rattle their cages. It's been nice and quiet for a day or two.
I have resorted to that kind of response recently simply because it appears to me that there is a small number of posters on here who simply cannot or will not accept any criticism of our club, no matter how well intentioned or justified. And simply will not respect either the people or their right to make those comments.

Yes on Saturday we were crowned champions again, once more I was there shouting myself hoarse, was euphoric in victory, was proud of our players and their performance. And I'm still over the moon now. I don't know what part of that the likes of TigerBurnie etc do not understand.

However and its a big however. How anyone can look at the events of Saturday involving RC's 'haranguing' of the officials during the game, and the subsequent damaging media response to it since, and then proclaim that nothing is wrong, that nothing in the management can be improved. Yet at the same time be prepared to hang Dylan Hartley out to dry for his comments to the official is beyond me.

The comment I made in response to the offensive inane comment by BJ above, TigerBurnie etc compared them to Ostrich's and I stand by it!

Your post was considered by both moderators and was considered unacceptable.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Crumblies wrote:The comment I made in response to the offensive inane comment by BJ above, TigerBurnie etc compared them to Ostrich's and I stand by it!
Offensive? Inane? :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

It would appear your senseofhumourectomy was a complete success. My comment, which seems to have struck a raw nerve, was merely an observation on how nice it had been not having constantly come across the usual tirade towards the players/coaches/management/board (delete as appropriate). BTW, I've searched for a forum member called Ostrich but cannot find them. Therefore, I do not know which of this person's comments you are comparing to those of Tigerburnie and myself.
Purebob wrote:Is anybody saying everything is perfect ? is anybody saying that there is no room for improvement ?
No to both questions. However, some of us do not feel the compulsion to continually gnaw away at the subject like a dog with a bone.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Crumblies wrote:-

Well said mate. I agree entirely.

We won and won well and RC's job was secured for another year at least.
It has been put to me that his loutish behaviour was due to his being on
edge as his job was "on the line".
Although the win has shaded his behaviour, I don't mind telling you, it went down very poorly with my generation.
As one who has been to 5 loosing finals this century I can tell you, it was a make or break game. Yes I too am elated we have won at last and the manner of the victory was very good.
I am hoping that things will change now. He has another chance to take us forward.
A life long Tiger
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It has been put to me that Cockers asked politely if the decision was to be put to the fourth official and although "agitated", at seeing his captain prone on the ground, did nothing to upset anyone and has not been reported for his behaviour or anything that he said.
Maybe you and your generation are getting a tad past all the excitement? or is this part of another aganda to besmurch our fine leader again?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Not much wrong with any of our lots action's or word's IMO.
If passion and desire to win is a fault then so be it but at least we aren't win at any cost!
There are far more serious incidents such as manure mouth's "effing cheat" storm and bloodgate to mull over IMO.
Cheery chappy
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Seems to me there are several on here who could create a storm in a desert, and only come on to make prattish comments about anyone who ventures a mildly critical comment. As one who is glad MOC has gone, as much for his utterly foul mouth at matches (in earshot at several away games and a complete embarrassment) as for his coaching at times - hasn't anyone made the connection between Cockers getting too agitated and his Aussie coach who until this season used to swear volubly at every opportunity? I think Cockers will calm down a bit now.
I am personally a fan of Cockers and I hope this coming season will prove that he, and not MOC, was the force behind Tigers' success (read Moody's book to get a feel for his take on the man).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

Thought I'd check in the forum and see how long the euphoria of winning lasted - not that long then :smt002

I don't see all of Crowson's output, but I did see this:
Leicester fans should never forget how good this feels. A 10th league title after nine consecutive appearances is a record that is never likely to be matched. That record should be treasured. And the feeling Tigers fans have today should be bottled up. Getting to finals in a league with a £4.5million salary cap is not a given. That remarkable record is there because of the way the club is run, the skills and planning of the coaching and strength and conditioning staff and the abilities and drive of the playing squad. This is an extraordinary time to be a Leicester fan.
Which sounds about right to me.

As for Cockers apparent 'haranguing' of the officials - the fact is there has been no complaint, presumably Ed Morrison would do so if he felt it necessary. That is despite the media trying to stir one up - none of the articles I have seen go so far as to quote what Cockers said - presumably that is because they don't actually know?
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

kend wrote:That is despite the media trying to stir one up - none of the articles I have seen go so far as to quote what Cockers said - presumably that is because they don't actually know?
That combined with the fact that if they actually wrote what his argument seemed to be, then quite a lot of people would probably agree with him. I agree though, rather huge storm whipped up considering they refuse to even attempt to quote him on the incident.
tigerburnie wrote:...Cockers asked politely if the decision was to be put to the fourth official and although "agitated", at seeing his captain prone on the ground, did nothing to upset anyone and has not been reported for his behaviour or anything that he said....or is this part of another agenda to besmirch our fine leader again?
Now, on reading this TB it is unclear to me whether this is you joking, or if you're actually employing language I might expect to come from the spokesperson of a communist state's leadership, could you clarify?

jgriffin, I love the hypocrisy that your pretty much swore in a post where you berate and criticise a coach for doing so in a high-stress situation.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Just (yet another!) reminder that putting other letters, asterisks or symbols in to try and edge round the swear filter is not big or clever and it doesn't mean swearing will escape as we just edit by hand. (and generally someone sends a report complaining that we are allowing X to swear when *their* post got edited etc etc).

Also let's have less of calling other people "stupid" or batting accusations about "your generation" - which is also silly and completely un-necessary. Age, generation, gender and the like should be irrelevant and left out of the equation.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother