Man of the Match

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

doublecarpet

Re: Man of the Match

Post by doublecarpet »

You don't realise how good AA is until he's not there. Manu has a lot to thank him for!
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Qbec wrote:I would like to just add Logovi’I Mulipola to that list of Tiger who had a great game, there he was the supposed weak link in the front row of The Tigers pack & he just ripped them apart at the scrum also running around tackling anything within range, let alone how well he did going forward.
Took the very words out of my mouth Qbec. On a day of outstanding performances. But I agree with you his performance was exceptional.

Supposedly the weakest of the front row on either side, on a day when everyone was wilting in the heat he was the last to be replaced. His work rate,and his effort in the Scrum was immense.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Quite Frankly I think all of the Tigers played their best stuff in the Final including the bench. To single out any one player would be difficult.
But soon dad to be Anthony Allen was a very well deserved recipient, not just for the final but for all of the season. :smt038
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Trying not to too parochial I'd quite like to add ben Foden of Saints to the candidate for MOTM list - I thought he looked back to his best and was excellent when those about him were performing sub-optimally (lots of effort but too many errors etc).

As I always used to say with Austin Healey - he's the perfect bench player for England - can come on and play anywhere and is also a good impact player.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."