Man of the Match

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DickyP
Super User
Super User

Man of the Match

Post by DickyP »

Wasn't it wonderful (as well as winning) to see Anthony Allen as MOTM. he had a superb game as he has all season - I still think he's far and away the best all-round 12 in England.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Man of the Match

Post by smalldell »

Brilliant...plain and simple.

Best wishes to him and his upcoming role as a father

Hope the op goes well
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

As ever, solids, reliable and creative!

Well deserved award.

All best Ant!!

:smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Still keeping the faith!
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Allen was awesome in defence, a proper legend, Croft, Salvi and Ben Youngs were not far behind, today showed the tigers at there best, the saints tried to disrupt the fundamentals of our team but they rose above it, for me Lawes and Hartley were an embarrassing disgrace and should never wear the white of England or the Lions shirt ever again, pains for me to say it but well done Barnes, at least he stuck by his guns and wouldn't take any more rubbish from Hartley, massive respect to the boys and well done cockers!!!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Even on his worst day he's the most reliable all round 12 in the AP, hopefully today was enough evidence for the dolts currently in charge of England selection to realize that.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

CitizenSmiff wrote:Even on his worst day he's the most reliable all round 12 in the AP, hopefully today was enough evidence for the dolts currently in charge of England selection to realize that.
unfortunately his face doesn't fit into the way they want to play... lucky us :smt003
cheers
Rich
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

I thought that Kitchener pushed hard for MOTM as well. Saving a try and then scoring as wel as some great tasckling and a lineout steel when our lineout was not functioning is not a bad return!
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Allen has been one of a few who have been our back bone all season and not made a mistake. Again fantastic in defence and fantastic going forward. Much deserved.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

bc wrote:I thought that Kitchener pushed hard for MOTM as well. Saving a try and then scoring as wel as some great tasckling and a lineout steel when our lineout was not functioning is not a bad return!
Good call bc, taking nothing away from AA, Kitch had an immense game. That try saving tackle and then getting his hand under the ball was exquisite, true Tigers heart.

Watching it back online this morning I thought the commentators were going to wet themselves when he made his break for the try. OK, it was Tongadoo-dah and Mooojatiiiiii he went between with other Tigers causing a distraction but the gas was great. Especially as he seemed to be caught unawares by receiving the ball in the first place.

It's not fair that Tigers have so many wingers/backs that play in their pack and just loiter around :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Watching it back online this morning I thought the commentators were going to wet themselves when he made his break for the try. OK, it was Tongadoo-dah and Mooojatiiiiii he went between with other Tigers causing a distraction but the gas was great.
My first question was "Who should be in the gap between these two props?" ... then I remembered! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

I don't do Tweetface or Blogbook or owt similar. Do we know if Anthony's missus has dropped yet?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

bc wrote:I thought that Kitchener pushed hard for MOTM as well. Saving a try and then scoring as wel as some great tasckling and a lineout steel when our lineout was not functioning is not a bad return!
The radio 5 live commentary for Kitches try was superb, they called him an 18 stone Guscott, hilarious it was.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

DickyP wrote:Wasn't it wonderful (as well as winning) to see Anthony Allen as MOTM. he had a superb game as he has all season - I still think he's far and away the best all-round 12 in England.
I think a certain ex Tigers player did a fine job for England today and could dispute that title - but it's a bit harder to look great in a mid-table club outfit.

Both fine players.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Allen, Kitch or Crane for me with Allen just shading it. I feel he has added to his game and his kicking game is now a reliable option, he is miles ahead of Barritt. The forwards were immense and shamed the Saint's over hyped pack, Tait gets round players every time he touches the ball, Manu made the most of his opportunities and Morris and Goneva were clinical. Ben Youngs has really matured and has massively improved his kicking. But having watched the game back I'd say we weren't at 100% which bodes well for the future.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

mol2 wrote:
DickyP wrote:Wasn't it wonderful (as well as winning) to see Anthony Allen as MOTM. he had a superb game as he has all season - I still think he's far and away the best all-round 12 in England.
I think a certain ex Tigers player did a fine job for England today and could dispute that title - but it's a bit harder to look great in a mid-table club outfit.

Both fine players.
I agree, but for me Allen's defensive work, including but not only his tackling, and his clever distribution, whilst much less flashy that a certain tree surgeon's son, is the glue that binds the team together.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I would like to just add Logovi’I Mulipola to that list of Tiger who had a great game, there he was the supposed weak link in the front row of The Tigers pack & he just ripped them apart at the scrum also running around tackling anything within range, let alone how well he did going forward.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022