Hartley getting chatty!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hartley getting chatty!

Post by MrPartridge »

Dylan making a few interesting comments ahead of the final via http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/D ... z2TulMbKjd

He must be one of the luckiest men alive to have been selected for the Lions ahead of Rory Best. Come on Youngs - time to prove to him who is the best hooker in England and keep DH out out of the Lions test squad this summer.... :smt002
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Hartley getting chatty!

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

think he made a few too many "interesting" comments during the final, may even cost him his Lions place
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

If you were going on the Lions Tour and a fellow professional claims he was calling you a F cheat... would you want him there with you? :smt018
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Cant see him going now! Silly boy!
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

Just been announced during England v BaaBaas game - 11 week ban!!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Pam.B wrote:Just been announced during England v BaaBaas game - 11 week ban!!
Good, that type of behaviour is not acceptable in rugby. Hopefully people will stop using this as a reason why we don't deserve to be champions. "Hartley shouldn't have been sent off" or "Saracens are champions". As I've said before the playoffs are now part of the season, teams should know this and should prepare for that. Over the course of the season we were the best team as the playoffs are part of the season.
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

TigerLad wrote:
Pam.B wrote:Just been announced during England v BaaBaas game - 11 week ban!!
Good, that type of behaviour is not acceptable in rugby. Hopefully people will stop using this as a reason why we don't deserve to be champions. "Hartley shouldn't have been sent off" or "Saracens are champions". As I've said before the playoffs are now part of the season, teams should know this and should prepare for that. Over the course of the season we were the best team as the playoffs are part of the season.
I'll bet he goes a bit quiet now.

On the other subject, Tigers have won the Prem 10 times and also happen to have topped the league 10 times. The playoffs help to rebalance the unfairness of losing large numbers of players for internationals earlier in the season and mean that the best side wins. We lost last year to a better side and we battered them in the semi before beating Saints. Tigers are the best side this year and fully deserve to be called Champions....
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I said in my original post he was a lucky chap to be selected ahead of Best! However you analyse it, Hartley let his club down. The captain needs to set an example and keep calm. The Lions won't miss him - how could Gatland trust him in any of the Test matches? I would be surprised if JM retains him as Saints skipper next year... Hartley has previous and needs to get his head down, work hard and let his rugby do the talking...
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Until Saturday I thought Hartley had turned over a new leaf, he still can't scrummage and stands up when he's under pressure and isn't the best player in the loose in the position either. Still he only has himself to blame.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Hartley's in a jam now.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

G.K wrote:Hartley's in a jam now.
:smt005

More sugar needed, it's a bit bitter
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Hartley has shown that Saints can lose matches in more than one way during the second half.

As I was at a wedding reception in a field I have found it very frustrating to find the newspaper reports being 50% about Hartley's red card as opposed to 100% describing the Saints and the Tigers match.