Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Next Season's Heineken Cup all threads merged here

Post by Bill W (2) »

Isambard wrote:
be good if some of the regulars on here started to think more laterally.

Or even think!!

My favourite lateral thinking question - 121 teams enter a knock out competition. How many games are there?

Answers on a postcard ..........

:smt005
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Isambard wrote:Well said balaclava.

No he/she is not joking.

The clubs could change things if they wanted to.

That's a lot more than lateral, the prl is a money making business, to think they would or could turn from the biggest pot of money in the game just now is laughable. Never mind that there's a contract with BT for some years to come.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:
Isambard wrote:Well said balaclava.

No he/she is not joking.

The clubs could change things if they wanted to.

That's a lot more than lateral, the prl is a money making business, to think they would or could turn from the biggest pot of money in the game just now is laughable. Never mind that there's a contract with BT for some years to come.
Silly me! Here was I thinking that PRL was the umbrella orgainisation for the (English) clubs rather than as TB would have it some quasi communist for profit only NGO!!!

Who sit on the Board of PRL?
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Isambard wrote:

Or even think!!

My favourite lateral thinking question - 121 teams enter a knock out competition. How many games are there?

Answers on a postcard ..........

No postcards received!!! Yet,,,,,,

Still keeping the faith!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

They may enter but not all may play, Bill.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

BJ. wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:What a dull draw. Treviso again and the Friday night cheats. I am getting very bored of this competition and hope that it is replaced with something better after next season.
Nobody's forcing you to watch it!
Quite right BJ. Well at the moment he will only have to suffer it for one more season. At the moment Tigers wont be in next years draw.
However if the English clubs do get their way, there will be less clubs to be drawn against and more chance of being drawn against the same teams.
Be careful what you wish for.

Enjoy Montpellier mate, we were there a few weeks ago for the semi. It's a very nice spot.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:
BJ. wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:What a dull draw. Treviso again and the Friday night cheats. I am getting very bored of this competition and hope that it is replaced with something better after next season.
Nobody's forcing you to watch it!
Quite right BJ. Well at the moment he will only have to suffer it for one more season. At the moment Tigers wont be in next years draw.
However if the English clubs do get their way, there will be less clubs to be drawn against and more chance of being drawn against the same teams.
Be careful what you wish for.

Enjoy Montpellier mate, we were there a few weeks ago for the semi. It's a very nice spot.
Er. Well done with that comment. You've really proven my point about people commenting on posts without reading them properly or reading subsequent posts which have already answered the point that you have incorrectly made.

:smt038
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:They may enter but not all may play, Bill.

Just so!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

With the French withdrawing its application to hold the final Paris and the WRU making a play for the finals to be played in Cardiff. I am happy to give the final a miss anyway. So, I'll look forward to my trips to Montpellier and Treviso.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Some posts editted / removed - Respect for other users!

Please keep the discussions on topic. Thanks

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TigerCam wrote:With the French withdrawing its application to hold the final Paris and the WRU making a play for the finals to be played in Cardiff. I am happy to give the final a miss anyway. So, I'll look forward to my trips to Montpellier and Treviso.
I forgot to add that I would still be going to the Prem Final too. Can't miss the Tigers at Twickenham again.
Montpellierian

Post by Montpellierian »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:Enjoy Montpellier mate, we were there a few weeks ago for the semi. It's a very nice spot.
I completely agree. :smt026 :smt026

Hi,

I'm just a Montpellier fan coming to chat with you before the Heineken Cup.
I hope to be in Welford road and I can help you for all good things to do or see in Montpellier.

Hope you're happy to sse us and you'll enjoy the town.
Supporting Montpellier is a little bit like being god......but much better!!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Montpellierian wrote:

Hi,

I hope to be in Welford road and I can help you for all good things to do or see in Montpellier.

Welocome to the forum

We look forward to welcoming you to Welford Raod and to visitting you in Montpellier!
Still keeping the faith!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Montpellierian wrote:
stevetelcom2000 wrote:Enjoy Montpellier mate, we were there a few weeks ago for the semi. It's a very nice spot.
I completely agree. :smt026 :smt026

Hi,

OK Monpellierian, where are the good hotels, restaurants, and bars in Montpellier?
Montpellierian

Post by Montpellierian »

TigerCam wrote:OK Monpellierian, where are the good hotels, restaurants, and bars in Montpellier?
OK, so welcome to the best town in the world :smt007 !! Follow the guide!!

Hotels:
There are two Ibis hotels in the center of Montpellier:
Ibis Hotel Comédie
Ibis Hotel Montpellier Centre
You can go to Abasun hotel too. Not really comfortable but cheap and in the center off town.
Abasun Hotel
For people who wants much cheaper, there is a youth hostel too in the center.
Youth hostel Montpellier

All of these places are close to tramway stations to go easily where you want (to Yves du Manoir Stadium for example :smt003 ).

Bars
La Chistera: This bar belongs to our fly-half François Trinh Duc (who plays for french national team). Nice place, nice staff, good choice of beers. You can eat some very good mixed plates with cheese and pork delicatessen (typically french :smt002 ). There is a restaurant inside (not in the same room as the bar, to eat quietly). It's good, but quite expensive.

Le café du théâtre: on Place de la comédie (the most famous montpellierian square). Nice place with a good point of view. Good to stay outside if the weather is good enough. Quite cheap to have a drink or eat. Best ratio price/quality/quantity to have a breakfast in Montpellier.

Fitzpatrick's: the most famous Irish pub in Montpellier. In a very old typically building. A pub, with all what it means.

Restaurants:
Le vieux four: my favourite restaurant to have a very good dinner. The best place to eat good meat in Montpellier.

Le café riche: on the center of place de la comédie. To have a good lunch quickly watching one of the most beautiful place in Montpellier.

Note about the beer prices: beer is much more expensive in France than in UK, so don't move each time you think drinking is too much expensive, it will be the same everywhere.

If you want to find some other place:
Montpellier café: website to find some bars or restaurants. In French only, sorry :smt009 .
Go-Montpellier: website in English created by Fitzpatrick's owner with a lot of advice about what to do and see in Montpellier.

To go to Yves du Manoir stadium:
Take the tramway line number two. Stop at Sabines station. The stadium will be at 10 minutes by walk. Two hours before the kick off, a bus begins to make the shuttle between the station and the stadium every ten minutes.
If you come to Montpellier by car, I advise you not to use it to go to the stadium. There is always trafic jam around it.

And now let's go for a quick visit with photos!!

Place de la comédie with the very famous fountain called "les trois grâces". Photo number one
Place de la comédie with the very famous fountain called "les trois grâces". Photo number two
Place Jean Jaurès by night
Place Jean Jaurès by day
L'aqueduc des arceaux
L'arc de tromphe

And, to finish, the aim of your week-end, Yves du Manoir stadium:
Photo one, photo two, Photo three (with Australian national team training during 2007 world cup), photo four.

So, welcome!!! :smt006
Supporting Montpellier is a little bit like being god......but much better!!!