East Midlands Final - the wanted final!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: East Midlands Final - the wanted final!!

Post by Darc Tiger »

Interesting. Would be harsh to drop Kitch though, who I think has been excellent. But it would be handy to have the extra grunt. Especially to help Fluffy at scrumtime.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Agreed, Slates has the look of a young Johnno about him.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

I rewatched the game and a couple of things stood out for me - firstly, aside from Crofty and Tait, all our Lions stood up, especially in the second half. But the big winners for me were Niall Morris and Jordan Crane. Morris' piece of skill to keep that ball in play in the first half was physics-defying and he seems to just not know how to make a mistake, whilst Crane has finally got his pre-injury form back - making yards and chucking some brilliant offloads.

Those are the guys, along with Allen etc, who glue our side together.

My review, highlights and player ratings are up here:

http://www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ralia.html

Note the bit about the upcoming final, seems we are getting in the right mindset.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Great win by Saints. I really enjoyed watching them stuff Sarries.

Should be a cracking final. After all between us we have two best rugby teams in the East Midlands - Tigers 1st team and Tigers A team :smt005 :smt005
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

My tickets arrived today for which I paid £50. Middle price as I recall, just like I've always done. Must admit I'm a little disappointed with getting tickets in L14 which is behind the posts on the lower level. Previous ones have been in the middle tier along the side of the pitch.

Least I'm going on which should be a great day.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

divingrob wrote:My tickets arrived today for which I paid £50. Middle price as I recall, just like I've always done. Must admit I'm a little disappointed with getting tickets in L14 which is behind the posts on the lower level. Previous ones have been in the middle tier along the side of the pitch.

If it is any consolation the £60 tickets got me a seat in L22
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MJSRacer
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: East Midlands Final

Post by MJSRacer »

Darc Tiger wrote:I'm feeling a song coming on!

Oooooh! I'd rather be a Tiger than a Saint!
I'd rather be a Tiger than a Saint!
Oh, I'd rather be a Tiger!
Yes, I'd rather be a Tiger!
I'd rather be a Tiger than a Saint!
You've been stood near my Dad haven't you! lol
Oh i'd rather be a Tiger than a (Insert oppositions nick name here), Oh i'd rather be a Tiger than a (Insert oppositions nick name here),I'd rather be a Tiger, rather be a tiger, rather be a Tiger than a (Insert oppositions nick name here)!!!
tommo

Post by tommo »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Eon B wrote:I would reckon these two clubs could bring 40,000 members and followers with them. If the clubs were allocated that number of seats the stadium could be filled in a much more satisfactory way, and could also put together larger coherent transport packages.

I'd like to see us taking over the stadium, providing the after match entertainment (Rock Bottom v Whoever the Saints put up) and making a real display of the two town's Rugby cultures.

Time to roll over RFU?
Income from advance ticket sales will contribute much in terms of interest.

Nonetheless the allocation of only 7500 tickets to a club of Tigers (and Saints) stature is abysmal IMHO. I have been unable to get any tickets (being essentially incommunicado over the weekend), and my trusted colleague (armed with his own 3 season tickets and my 3)did not fancy queuing all round the stadium after the match and thus we took the decision to watch the match on TV (I was only partially incommunicado).
Plenty of tickets were available Bill. Certainly via TicketShafter after the Saints game.

And Tigers fans had an extra week to buy them. Still plenty of tickets kicking about on the forums and auction sites at face value
Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

divingrob wrote:My tickets arrived today for which I paid £50. Middle price as I recall, just like I've always done. Must admit I'm a little disappointed with getting tickets in L14 which is behind the posts on the lower level. Previous ones have been in the middle tier along the side of the pitch.

Similar feelings for me diving rob. Also bought the £50 tickets and am in L16 - the other side of the posts from you.

A few years back a £45 ticket got me a seat in L4 - one block away from the players' tunnel.

Oh well, like you say, at least we can be there.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
bigdaz2170

Post by bigdaz2170 »

Can't wait for the final. Saints fans already moanin and :censored: on facebook because it's wayne barnes as ref for the final. :smt022
tommo

Post by tommo »

Thats because he's a poor ref, seemingly interested in his own self importance, and has ruined a disproportionate amount of games between these 2 clubs in recent years, due to his, and his touch judges' ineptitude. Also fair to say that Tigers fans weren't too enamoured by his selection either.

Prove us wrong Wayne!
Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In!