Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Big Game Mentality

Post by Darc Tiger »

I think we have found it again.

I think to the likes of the Toulouse game, the Toulon game, today's game. Big efforts when we most needed it. Massive desire to hold in defence and take the chance when it comes.

Acid test in 2 weeks time. Saints will be one tough nut. Time to take our trophy back!
Last edited by Darc Tiger on Sun May 12, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Big Game Mentality

Post by TigerCam »

Darc Tiger wrote:I think we have found it again.

I think to the likes of the Toulouse game, the Toulon game, today's game. Big efforts when we most needed it. Massive desire to hold in defence and take the chance when it comes.

Acid test in 2 weeks time. Sarries (or Saints) will be one tough nut. Time to take our trophy back!
I hope it is Saints nice to have a midlands derby to finish off the season
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

TigerCam wrote:
Darc Tiger wrote:I think we have found it again.

Acid test in 2 weeks time. Sarries (or Saints) will be one tough nut. Time to take our trophy back!
I hope it is Saints nice to have a midlands derby to finish off the season
... and to crush them again would be good too
cheers
Rich
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Great attitude from our boys, today.

Sarries have not lost on their plastic pitch yet and I can't see Saints beating them tomorrow to be honest.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I said halfway through the season that Saffacens plastic would have an 'Oldham effect'. I hope Stains stuff 'em, but I don't hold out more than a hope.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Only really appeared in the 2nd half, but my god it appeared and we blew the southern softies away......1 season wonders the sequins I fear!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote:Only really appeared in the 2nd half,
Not really imo, it was the right mentality and application that prevented Quins scoring more than they did in the first half and then to nick the lead just before half-time showed immense character, mentality, ok.....coupled with a dash (ahem) of fortune :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Absolutely shocking performance from the boys. Where was the flamboyance, the flair. If we're going to compete with Saffas we will have to improve our swan dives. They were non existant today. Sack the coaches. :smt047
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

For me the defence has been outstanding since the 6N! You can play all the flash rugby you like and it is always nice to see some running rugby if the game opens up but tackles win matches. Obviously I want my team to win and I believe they will but win lose or draw next week, if players play with that level of commitment I will be happy!
Cheery chappy
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

WiggoTiger wrote:Only really appeared in the 2nd half, but my god it appeared and we blew the southern softies away......1 season wonders the sequins I fear!!
To be fair, having beaten us 3 out of 4 recently, we can't really call them one season wonders yet. It was a brilliant second half though, no Premiership side could have lived with that.

And what a top bloke that Conor O'Shea seems to be. His comments about our performance are really congratulatory and not at all bitter.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The Boy Dave wrote:Obviously I want my team to win and I believe they will but win lose or draw next week, if players play with that level of commitment I will be happy!

100 percent agree with this statement, not quite like the Olympic statement, but how you take part is what it's about, leave nothing on the park and the result will be what it is. We have had a great season and we are building to our customary grand finale. This team is peaking at exactly the right time and yesterdays performance will worry who ever faces us in the final.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TomWeston wrote:And what a top bloke that Conor O'Shea seems to be. His comments about our performance are really congratulatory and not at all bitter.
Have always had full respect for O'Shea, he is a decent bloke.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

TigerLad wrote:Absolutely shocking performance from the boys. Where was the flamboyance, the flair. If we're going to compete with Saffas we will have to improve our swan dives. They were non existant today. Sack the coaches. :smt047
Tiger lad, I thought this was my job, you young whipper-snapper!

You forgot to add some vital things, firstly so what that we have reached the final, it is to be expected at Tigers. We cannot beat top opposition and we can only score tries against weaker opposition. We have no ambition, we should aspire to play like Quins with an off loading game and not just bash bash with players like AA who can't pass or kick or vary the game! We have not evolved unde the current coaches after all anyone can get us to the final every year. If we don't win in 2 weeks it will prove we have not progressed. Awful head coach who can't even get a job at a decent team!

There Tigerlad that is how it's done. :smt027 :smt027
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I wouldn't say we only played in the second half.

I think it was more the case that Quins threw everything they had at us in the first half only to find we'd not capitulated and they had spent a lot of energy and only got 9 points for it.

We defended with discipline and when the opportunities came we took them.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Knowing our luck, Saints will beat Sarries and then thrash us in the final. Didn't that happen last season when just a few weeks before the final we beat Quins at their ground and then capitulated in the final. I think the season has taken its toll on me and fatigue has led me to cross over to the dark side. We are doomed I tell ya. Doooooommed! :smt010
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.