Tait and Cockers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Northeast Tiger

Tait and Cockers

Post by Northeast Tiger »

Well played Tigers. I hope all the detractors of Matthew Tait may finally eat some humble pie. Also well done Sir Richard on rallying the troops for another push to the final. Your objectors may sit at the same table and also consume some pastry :smt016 .
St John Tiger
Tiger Cub

Re: Tait and Cockers

Post by St John Tiger »

Happy to oblidge North East Tiger, one large slice of humble pie eaten. A couple of months ago I said that Tait was not worthy to wear the shirt;I'm happy to eat my words as well as the humble pie. Tait deserved his Man of the match award and we can rest easy..............he can fill smurf's shoes.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Looked every inch Geordy's successor today! And Morris too. Fine set of back 3 options we are accumulating.
fremen
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fremen »

In my opinion I think that was the finest game Tait has had in a Tigers shirt he looked assured and full of confidence ,now keep him injury free for next season
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Tait had a cracking game and, up against the player many consider to have been the best English full back over the past couple of seasons, shone out as the quality international player he was and surely must be again.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I'll enjoy my humble pie if it all comes to fruition on BH Saturday at HQ!!

Tait and Goneva were outstanding IMHO today! Tait seemed at ease!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

Had a conversation with him back in Dec '12 and he was downcast to say the least; looking at a different treatment abroad for his groin problem and hoping for the best.

To see him play today is an absolute pleasure.
To those who might have thought we bought a dud, today proves time is indeed a great healer, in more ways than one.

Nice guy. Great talent.
The best is yet to come surely :smt001
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

I just never thought we would see him back to his best and playing regularly for Tigers....and it seems I was wrong !

Today's MOTM was well deserved and I hope he can continue to improve next season into a world class 15 (because that's what we're used to at Tigers) :smt023
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Fantastic!

Try scorer and try maker. Wonderful. :smt001
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

Cockers gave him time to get fit and relearn the game in one position. That investment paid off.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Must admit that I was a tremendous fan of Tait, but thought him a pointless investment when he came injured. I was even grumpier when he then got injured again.

And how delighted I am that he's come good - he's still no Geordie (yet) but then who is?
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

DickyP wrote:Must admit that I was a tremendous fan of Tait, but thought him a pointless investment when he came injured. I was even grumpier when he then got injured again.

And how delighted I am that he's come good - he's still no Geordie (yet) but then who is?
Quite right DickyP. There are only 2 Smurphs, me and Geordan and we are unique and irreplaceable :smt002 :smt002
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

As one of the naysayers I'll take that humble pie and shovel it down gladly, the boy's come good. I suppose this is one of the reasons Cockers is DoR of one of the biggest rugby clubs in the world and I'm not.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Yesterday's performance makes the England squad to Argentina look just that little bit silly. Goode v Tait not even a contest
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Tait made Williams and Brown look very average.
I fear we need some serious back up at full back for next season, as I think he may be getting a call from SL.
Tait for me has proved himself time and time again this season.
Well done to Tait and for all the back room staff for getting him back to his best!