Andy Saull

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Andy Saull

Post by fentiger »

Some interesting comments here, reinforces what many on here have suspected about Saffas.....
http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/domestic ... -saracens/
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Andy Saull

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I thought that we may have made a bid for Saull. A lot of potential which we have a great habit of nurturing and advancing.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
snoopster

Post by snoopster »

While I think he is right about the Saffa's game plan I'm not sure that was the problem with his game - he has always looked very underpowered physically and to be a poor tackler (I think his record was 7 missed tackles in one game), which would have held him back at most teams.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:I thought that we may have made a bid for Saull. A lot of potential which we have a great habit of nurturing and advancing.
We have signed Jamie Gibson - don't need to have Saull.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Thing is playing rugby at the highest level is about achieving results, not necessarily about personal fulfilment and enjoyment.

Some other Saracens players can clearly cut loose when they get the opportunity, but recognise that the team tactic is the winningest one.

If Saul think he's left the choir to join the jazz band at Falcons he is very misguided IMO. Deano is a major tactician, and won't sanction glee-club ball-throwing in every game.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

bc wrote:We have signed Jamie Gibson - don't need to have Saull.
Not sure about anyone else, but I was quite impressed with him last week
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
bc wrote:We have signed Jamie Gibson - don't need to have Saull.
Not sure about anyone else, but I was quite impressed with him last week
He certainly made a Nuisance of himself and made Ben Youngs life more difficult
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Purebob wrote:Thing is playing rugby at the highest level is about achieving results, not necessarily about personal fulfilment and enjoyment.

Some other Saracens players can clearly cut loose when they get the opportunity, but recognise that the team tactic is the winningest one.

If Saul think he's left the choir to join the jazz band at Falcons he is very misguided IMO. Deano is a major tactician, and won't sanction glee-club ball-throwing in every game.
To play rugby at the highest level you have to be playing. Playing professional rugby is about achieving results.
Being the best is about personal fulfillment.
If you hold hold playing for England as being important, warming the Sarries bench isn't a long term option.
To be the best you have to put that aim at the top. Recognizing that your club's needs are detrimental to your own needs puts a player in a dilemma. Short term you can understand and accept, long term you have to decide, in this case, Sarries or England.
It's a bit like Twelvetrees - England or Tigers - we needed him to cover fly half and centre. To play for England he had to play regularly at inside centre.
Club or Country. Relative success or reach for the stars? Money or glory?
If you are young and believe you have the talent there can only be one choice.