Lions on TV

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tjs10
Super User
Super User

Re: Lions on TV

Post by tjs10 »

If you already have Sky but not Sky Sports, you could always add the Sports Package for the period of the Tour only.

Or if you just wanted the Test matches & weren't fussed about the non-Tour games you could always just add Sky Sports 1 for the minimum period of 31 days for as little as £13.

That's what I'm probably going to do.
Rhino33
Tiger Cub

Post by Rhino33 »

For those without Sky, and who may want to watch some games in the pub and others at home, the new Now TV pass may suit.

It's not cheap at £9.99 for 24hours to access all Sky Sport channels but if you have a coule of mates around not so bad.

You can view it here: Now TV
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

tjs10 wrote:If you already have Sky but not Sky Sports, you could always add the Sports Package for the period of the Tour only.

Or if you just wanted the Test matches & weren't fussed about the non-Tour games you could always just add Sky Sports 1 for the minimum period of 31 days for as little as £13.

That's what I'm probably going to do.
That's assuming you can guarantee the Tests will all be on that channel. You know what Sky is like - the merest chance of televising some wendyball and they almost automatically put it on Sky Sports 1.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

I really can't see them moving the Tests from SS1.

Maybe for the couple of tour matches not already on SS2 but not for the Tests. Afterall they will have a large audience and Sky will be well aware of that fact.

Interestingly I notice that no UK broadcaster appears to have picked up England's tour to Argentina yet.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

loretta wrote:
BJ. wrote:I've seen the advert on other channels besides ITV3 so I wouldn't get your hopes up. I can't remember which they were but they were definitely satellite channels as I don't watch terrestrial commercial TV.
Probably just ads for sky then...
It's just an ad for HSBC I think.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Crumbs - is it just me, or do others feel it gets quite depressing in here at times?

We all know Sky have the rights to the Lions. They'll do a great job as they did with the SA tour in 2009. If you don't have Sky subscription why not watch the game at a local pub for the cost of a pint? That's what I did in 2009. Even though I have Sky at home now my preference for the forthcoming Tests in Australia will be to watch them in a pub (or at the Tigers if possible - club are you listening?) and soak up some atmosphere with other fans watching.

Rhino33's suggestion is brilliant! £10 for 24 hours access to Sky is a great opportunity to get your mates round and the bacon sandwiches on the go.