Lions on TV

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lions on TV

Post by loretta »

As I'm sure we are all aware, Murdoch and his mates have bagged the tv rights to show the forthcoming Lions tour. For those of us without sky - for whatever reason, does anyone know if one of the terrestial/freeview stations are going to be showing highlights, or preferably repeats later in the day?

I've had a bit of an old Google, but can't find anything to suggest such an arrangement.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Lions on TV

Post by Chobbsy »

[quote="loretta"]As I'm sure we are all aware, Murdoch and his mates have bagged the tv rights to show the forthcoming Lions tour. For those of us without sky - for whatever reason, does anyone know if one of the terrestial/freeview stations are going to be showing highlights, or preferably repeats later in the day?

I've had a bit of an old Google, but can't find anything to suggest such an arrangement.[/quote]
Find a pub showing the games
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I've not found anything yet, I've got Sky so it's all right with me but some friends haven't and they've been looking without success. There may be highlights programmes but nothing shows up yet.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Chobbsy wrote:Find a pub showing the games
All the games are fairly early in the morning, and it's especially tricky for the dirt trackers midweek. I can just see my boss agreeing to me slouching off down the pub at 9.30 to watch t' rugby!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

TalkSport will be providing live radio commentary but, as yet, I don't know of any terrestrial TV channels showing the highlights. However, I've put out some feelers and will report back as and when.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Thanks BJ.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

One of my sources has replied saying he does not think any terrestrial channel will be showing the highlights and Sky has the exclusive rights to the tour.
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

I would hope for bacon butties and a pint at Welford Road, at least for the test matches!
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
smell.com

Post by smell.com »

nobody seems to have mentioned the advert on ITV channel 3 .saying the lions are coming soon, no dates or additional onfo included . very lavish on board a gallion several past players all in captain cook style costume ?? duu no .
Littletigress

Post by Littletigress »

smell.com wrote:nobody seems to have mentioned the advert on ITV channel 3 .saying the lions are coming soon, no dates or additional onfo included . very lavish on board a gallion several past players all in captain cook style costume ?? duu no .
Yes, I've seen that a couple of times. J P R Williams et al.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

BJ. wrote:One of my sources has replied saying he does not think any terrestrial channel will be showing the highlights and Sky has the exclusive rights to the tour.
As I feared.
smell.com wrote:nobody seems to have mentioned the advert on ITV channel 3 .saying the lions are coming soon, no dates or additional onfo included . very lavish on board a gallion several past players all in captain cook style costume ?? duu no .
This is at least some source for optimism. I have to confess that I can't remember the last time I watched anything on ITV3, so I've missed this one.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I've seen the advert on other channels besides ITV3 so I wouldn't get your hopes up. I can't remember which they were but they were definitely satellite channels as I don't watch terrestrial commercial TV.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

BJ. wrote:I've seen the advert on other channels besides ITV3 so I wouldn't get your hopes up. I can't remember which they were but they were definitely satellite channels as I don't watch terrestrial commercial TV.
Probably just ads for sky then...
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Won't Sky simply apply their normal approach and repeat the match 'as live' in a slot where it will actually get some viewers, later that day?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Looks like I won't be watching any Lions matches this year, no sky sports and no other choice. I can understand the live match being on pay tv, but some highlights would be nice on an alternative channel.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.