Now that we've all had a moan about the new home shirt......

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Grannyman

Now that we've all had a moan about the new home shirt......

Post by Grannyman »

Does anybody know a date when we'll see the new away shirt?

I plan on buying a Euro shirt this summer, so unless the away shirt is something special that's where my spending will stop. The new training range looks like Chelsea FC leftovers and everything has gone up in price significantly.

Unless all these higher prices are to pay for the next ground redevelopment, it would appear we are having our pants pulled down. The new Liverpool shirt was revealed this morning, priced at £45! And you get a free t-shirt for pre-ordering!

A bit more market research next time I think, unless of course Cotton Traders have kept the rights to using green, red and white hoops? I would assume probably not.
Off Piste Tiger

Re: Now that we've all had a moan about the new home shirt......

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

I think the new shirt is released on Saturday the 4/5/2013 ?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Off Piste Tiger wrote:I think the new shirt is released on Saturday the 4/5/2013 ?
I think that's just the home shirt OPT, and the team will be wearing it for the LI match, although admittedly I'm just guessing / going by last season so either of us could be correct :smt023

I wouldn't be surprised if the new 'away' (or change) kit isn't released until just prior to the new season, which iirc is how things went last season.

I reckon the club and/or club shop would know more than me/us.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

I received an email from the club stating that the away shirt won't be available until the end if July.
Grinsteadtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Grinsteadtiger »

Maybe a bit cynical but think the new away shirts should be the same as the new "leaked Home shirts" but with away printed on the back. This would allow for a larger profit margin for Canterbury and would not be too taxing for their designers. Also as an aside it could help the opposition next year to see which way we are going.
cruiser1

Post by cruiser1 »

To see the new shirt go to www.canterbury.com. It s priced at £90.99 for the test top and £55.99 for the replica. Got to say not impressed with it. No stripes at all.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

cruiser1 wrote:To see the new shirt go to http://www.canterbury.com. It s priced at £90.99 for the test top and £55.99 for the replica. Got to say not impressed with it. No stripes at all.
At least the Classic is shown at the link - I had fears that there wouldn't be one. However, given the pattern of the new shirt 51 quid is a lot for what is just a glorified polo shirt.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I'd prefer them a touch more traditional but these do hark back to the shirts worn 10 years ago. A substantial improvement.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Why oh why doesn't the club consult the fans? We've got such a great fanbase, the designers could produce 3 draft designs and see which one gained more support - after all, we're the ones forking out to buy and wear it. I predict that the latest one, which is seemingly designed to make our guys look insignificant [no chance!], will be offered as this year's - cut price from next March/April.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

it is not actual that bad better than the last one but it looks too much like training shirt still good though.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Lutontiger wrote:Why oh why doesn't the club consult the fans? We've got such a great fanbase, the designers could produce 3 draft designs and see which one gained more support
And those who preferred the other two designs that weren't selected would cry shame and be moaning. No difference really. :smt023
Lutontiger wrote:after all, we're the ones forking out to buy and wear it.
Bottom line - you/I/we don't have to buy it if it's that horrendous to us, I don't normally buy things I know I don't don't like - and then claim I've been ripped off or given a bad deal :smt023
Lutontiger wrote:I predict that the latest one, which is seemingly designed to make our guys look insignificant [no chance!].
Designed to make our guys look insignificant? :smt017 But you're right, there's no chance of that anyway. :smt023
Lutontiger wrote: will be offered as this year's - cut price from next March/April.
Which is pretty much the same as any of the shirts over the last few years when it comes to kit change.... :smt023

At today's game the new shirt actually grew on me, thought it looked OK out on the players on the pitch.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

I can't believe people in marketing @ Canterbury get paid to design this stuff.
Appallingly dull and actually Next did a three stripe tee-shirt back in about 2002/2003. Or maybe Lord Next of Aspley Guise is about to become a sponsor ??
I am not buying one, end of.
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

I'd like to think that Canterbury took on the feedback from the last kit- too garish- but have then over compensated and made this too simple, too training top like-

it is an improvement though- i'm really looking forward to the 2017 kit should have it perfect by then!
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

vin rouge wrote: it is an improvement though- i'm really looking forward to the 2017 kit should have it perfect by then!

when can we pre-order this? :smt003
bigdaz2170

Post by bigdaz2170 »

Wish someone at Tigers would grow a pair, they're going from one extreme to another. They've not long had this seasons kit when all of a sudden here we are again with yet another overpriced kit. Don't they realise we're not all made of money. :smt018