New Head coach thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SilebyTiger

New Head coach thread

Post by SilebyTiger »

A tweet from Mo'C daughter has pretty much confirmed that he's leaving.

So who do we fancy to take over? Against the majority I'd want somebody with no existing link to the club to keep up a balance with Cockerill and Murphy given that he'll have a role of some sort.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: New Head coach thread

Post by WhitecapTiger »

http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... =1&t=36313

Options/Opinions being offered on the existing O'Connor to Leinster thread :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Concensus else where seems to be that Daryl Gibson has got the job.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I think Gibson and Mauger have to be favorites with people like Oz, Greenwood and Ollie Smith being outside bets
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Apart from being on the telly what exactly are Oz and Greenwoods reasons for being considered? Ex players with no coaching experience. Same applies to Smurph - but at least his experience is recent.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

mol2 wrote:Apart from being on the telly what exactly are Oz and Greenwoods reasons for being considered? Ex players with no coaching experience. Same applies to Smurph - but at least his experience is recent.
Same can be said for any coach,they all have to start from somewhere then gain experience over the years.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:Concensus else where seems to be that Daryl Gibson has got the job.
Not quite.
As I said on the other thread will Gibson serve under Cockers? Maybe not. In which case the other contingencies will be exercised by the Board.
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Just repeating gossip Bill, from some who seem to be in the know, time will tell.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:Just repeating gossip Bill, from some who seem to be in the know, time will tell.
Yeah!! And posting for the sake of it!

You have any evidence Gibson been offered the job of Head Coach and has indicated a willingness to accept it?

You have any evidence Cockers has indicated his willingness to accept him as head coach?

Ah no! I thought not!!
Still keeping the faith!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

So talks really did take place when the Maori were here?
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Yeah!! And posting for the sake of it!

You have any evidence Gibson been offered the job of Head Coach and has indicated a willingness to accept it?

You have any evidence Cockers has indicated his willingness to accept him as head coach?

Ah no! I thought not!!
The fact that you don't seem to see the hypocrisy in this post is simply amazing.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Gibson as backs/attacking coach with Murphy as skills coach would be great. We would gain a great coach in Gibson and allow Murphy some coaching experience behind Gibson. I believe O'Connor leaving is already decided, Cockers has re-tweeted 'Bad news for Tigers if the Matt O'Connor move to Leinster is true. #rugby'. I don't know about you but that stinks of a deal which Cockers isn't too happy about to me. Interesting to see what Cockers thins about rugby matters. He has re-tweeted

'Time to get out that Argentine phrase book Owen, because you're going nowhere near Oz this summer. #poormentalstrength'

And my personal favourite

'I can only imagine that @SkySports fine Harrison and Barnes for every second of silence. No other explanation for all the unnecessary waffle'
tommo

Post by tommo »

And u really think that's Cockeril's twitter account. Bless ya
Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In!
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

TigerLad wrote:Gibson as backs/attacking coach with Murphy as skills coach would be great. We would gain a great coach in Gibson and allow Murphy some coaching experience behind Gibson. I believe O'Connor leaving is already decided, Cockers has re-tweeted 'Bad news for Tigers if the Matt O'Connor move to Leinster is true. #rugby'. I don't know about you but that stinks of a deal which Cockers isn't too happy about to me. Interesting to see what Cockers thins about rugby matters. He has re-tweeted

'Time to get out that Argentine phrase book Owen, because you're going nowhere near Oz this summer. #poormentalstrength'

And my personal favourite

'I can only imagine that @SkySports fine Harrison and Barnes for every second of silence. No other explanation for all the unnecessary waffle'
O come on, surely you don't actually believe that's a real account? :smt043
Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

Haha... It does actually say.... not necessarily the great man!