Matt O'Connor to Leinster?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Matt O'Connor to Leinster?

Post by jgriffin »

I hope we win, because it will be on the trophy wall, long after me and MOC are worm-food.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I feel sure that Matt O'Connor has made the right decision in moving to Leinster.

No HC (after next year). Just the Rabo No pressure!
Still keeping the faith!
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

There seems to be some confusion between attack coaching and back coaching. Our forwards have been putting together some great attacking play and we've scored lots of tries. O'Connor, as our attack coach, needs to be praised for this. However, our backs could do with a little more . . . 'texture'; tunnel balls and lines off the 10 will not always work.

It may be good to get a new coach in but that doesn't necessarily mean O'Connor was a disaster (O'Connor + A.N. Other may have been just as interesting).
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:There seems to be some confusion between attack coaching and back coaching. Our forwards have been putting together some great attacking play and we've scored lots of tries. O'Connor, as our attack coach, needs to be praised for this. However, our backs could do with a little more . . . 'texture'; tunnel balls and lines off the 10 will not always work.

It may be good to get a new coach in but that doesn't necessarily mean O'Connor was a disaster (O'Connor + A.N. Other may have been just as interesting).
You are indeed correct. On all points.

It would appear, however, that Matt felt he did not need any help - amd that Richard (and Peter) were unable to persuade him otherwise.

I guess we have been here before - with other DoR's and Head Coaches. There is yet much water to flow under this particular bridge.

I wish Matt all the best at Leinster.
Still keeping the faith!
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

Just to confirm...this is only a rumour at present and clearly has very little substance based on what we've heard/read so far ?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

RWA wrote:Just to confirm...this is only a rumour at present and clearly has very little substance based on what we've heard/read so far ?
Quite right. Although widly reported in the media it has not been confirmed, insofar as I am aware, by either club.
Still keeping the faith!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Bill W (2) wrote:
RWA wrote:Just to confirm...this is only a rumour at present and clearly has very little substance based on what we've heard/read so far ?
Quite right. Although widly reported in the media it has not been confirmed, insofar as I am aware, by either club.
Guess if there is any truth to this, the clubs are waiting on whether (or not :smt002 ) Joe Schmidt is named Ireland coach first.

If that's the case then it's very prudent.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:
Guess if there is any truth to this, the clubs are waiting on whether (or not :smt002 ) Joe Schmidt is named Ireland coach first.

If that's the case then it's very prudent.

IRU does not work on Sundays!
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Leinster forum seem to think it's a done deal, with those "in the know" saying it is .
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

It's all over Twitter like a rash! :smt023
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I am told that Matts daughter has let it slip,don't do the tweeting myself.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
barwelltiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by barwelltiger »

tigerburnie wrote:I am told that Matts daughter has let it slip,don't do the tweeting myself.
What exactly did she say? Don't believe anything till it is confirmed!!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

As I say, don't tweet myself, but the story of Matt joining Leinster is in the Irish Times.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

The mistress of the taxi drivers brother in law tells me that Daryl Gibson will be the next Tigers DoR!

And that's hot news!!
Still keeping the faith!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!