Music played

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tiger.wych

Music played

Post by tiger.wych »

Can anyone tell me what the song is that has the words 'Tigers, tigers' in, which has been played recently just before 'Welcome to the jungle' is played.

Planet Rock were playing it around midnight recently and it's been bugging me since!
:smt039
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Music played

Post by TigerLad »

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Thunderstruck doesn't have the word "Tigers" in it...unless people are singing "Tigers" instead of "Thunder" in the intro etc.

But I think that is the one they have been playing directly before Welcome to the Jungle :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tiger.wych

Post by tiger.wych »

Thanks for that
I'll blame the speakers for me not recognising a song I have played in home many times :smt003
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

'Welcome to the jungle' has got to be the worst trashy racket I have ever had the misfortune to pay good money to listen to. Why play it when it adds nothing to the pre match build up unlike M&M bring back some inspiring rousing music like "fanfare for the common man" or "the might of rome" . Rant over I hate it :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tiger.wych

Post by tiger.wych »

I think 'Welcome to the jungle' is quite apt really with it's lyrics.....but then I have to confess to being an old school rock music fan :smt035
paul wigston

Post by paul wigston »

Iam not really concerned what they play, but just wish the volume was turned down, especially at half time.
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

sapajo wrote:'Welcome to the jungle' has got to be the worst trashy racket I have ever had the misfortune to pay good money to listen to. Why play it when it adds nothing to the pre match build up unlike M&M bring back some inspiring rousing music like "fanfare for the common man" or "the might of rome" . Rant over I hate it :smt013
+1 sapajo!

I have e-mailed the club in the past about this dirge. Apparently, it's one of Harry Ellis's favourites, so I blame him!
Managed to get the volume turned down on our nearest speaker in the CAT stand, but this drivel seems to resist all attempts to make it sound bearable.

Totally agree about 'Emerson, Lake & Palmer' :smt023
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Maximus66 wrote:
sapajo wrote:'Welcome to the jungle' has got to be the worst trashy racket I have ever had the misfortune to pay good money to listen to. Why play it when it adds nothing to the pre match build up unlike M&M bring back some inspiring rousing music like "fanfare for the common man" or "the might of rome" . Rant over I hate it :smt013
+1 sapajo!

I have e-mailed the club in the past about this dirge. Apparently, it's one of Harry Ellis's favourites, so I blame him!
Managed to get the volume turned down on our nearest speaker in the CAT stand, but this drivel seems to resist all attempts to make it sound bearable.

Totally agree about 'Emerson, Lake & Palmer' :smt023

Cheers Maximus, Ellis has left so please Tigers do no continue to play this abysmal rubbish :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:Cheers Maximus, Ellis has left so please Tigers do no continue to play this abysmal rubbish :smt013
So we're getting rid of 'Smoke no the Water' too? Excellent. (Johnno long gone too).

It's only been getting played of late (as 'run-out' music as far as I can remember) so not really seeing much of a link to do with Harry Ellis......but if that's what the club said!

I quite like FFTCM by ELP but I do not see it as being 'run out' or build up music personally, Nor Eminem (I'm presuming that's who was meant by M&M - not in a facetious way).

For the sake of a few bars of the track I see no problem with it.

If we were going to use a piece of classical music as build up, I would suggest the opening bars of "Mars - The bringer of War" from the Planets suite by Gustav Holst.
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

I would be glad to listen to anything pre-match, as long as it doesn't make the speakers sound like they're about to explode!

Personally, I would never advocate the removal of SOTW from the airwaves. That is one fine track :smt004
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Maximus66 wrote:Personally, I would never advocate the removal of SOTW from the airwaves. That is one fine track :smt004
Agreed Maximus. Merely using it to highlight a track used as a preference by a departed (but highly revered) player, sorry, Icon :smt023 so if one should go, by that standard all should go..... :smt002
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

I would prefer anything by Tom Paxton or Paul Simon.

Sound of Silence literal version would be good.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

What you want at halftime is a nice bit of John Cage. 4'33" would be favourite.
tiger.wych

Post by tiger.wych »

Smoke on the water is a must!
If the others must be changed then a Metallica track, surely has to take the empty slot? Enter the sandman perhaps.....