Re: At it again!

Post by baz1664 »

Hope the bus is alright!!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Poor little :censored: seems totally jinxed...seems the highlight of his career was stuffing us in the Final at Twickenham.....
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

Can not believe he tried to tackle a bus as I thought he shied away from big collisions ?
Glad to hear he was not badly injured.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: Danny Cipriani hit by a bus in Leeds.

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Hope he recovers so that next season we get a report which says he was running across the pitch and misjudged the speed and was hit by Manu!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Valhalla I am coming!
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Any truth in the rumour Thom Evans was driving the bus? :smt002

Puts me in mind of the old insurance claim form quote "the guy was stumbling all over the road, I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him"

Joking aside, hope he is soon well enough to cop a load of p***-taking from his mates.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

If there is to be a beery night out, Cipriani (and others like him) should acknowledge they have a problem with alcohol and either stick to soft drinks or not go if they cannot manage to stay off the booze.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Interesting, some posts seem to be suggesting that players should go on a beery night out but stay off the drink? I remember that when Deano took over a team lacking team spirit one of the first things he did was organise a three legged race round all the bars (eleven in those days) in the ground having a drink in each. The result. team spirit, four championships & two Heineken cups. Of course there were no busses in the ground but lets not criticise a young rugby player for having too much to drink, I suspect that one or two contributors to this message board have imbibed more than sufficient in the past. In fact one or two of us might do in the future when Tigers win a major trophy.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

johnthegriff wrote:I suspect that one or two contributors to this message board have imbibed more than sufficient in the past.
True but even then I've always had more sense than to run out in front of a bus.

Trouble seems to follow Cipriani like night follows day. It worries me that some youngsters might see him as a role model and attempt to emulate him. If so, the next one to be hit by a bus might not be as lucky.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

johnthegriff wrote:Interesting, some posts seem to be suggesting that players should go on a beery night out but stay off the drink?
I suggest that players and everyone else should abstain from alcohol if it is obvious that they have a problem with it. I suggest that Mr Cipriani has a problem because, when fuelled by alcohol, trouble follows. The sort of trouble that ends with nights in cells/injuries to self and others/ long-term consequences.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

He most certainly is incident prone.....
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fortysix wrote:He most certainly is incident prone.....
If ge cannot run round a bus one wonders how he would manage with an incoming wing forward.

:smt003
Still keeping the faith!
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Totally with Johnthegriff on this one and to counter what Old Hob says, the only problem is waking up in the morning and surveying the damage to your wallet. I've had more near misses when I'm sober but that's probably because I don't notice the ones when I'm not!
It's a pity no media came up with the headline :-
"Cipriani tackles bus - passengers claim whiplash"
As to whether it was right or wrong for the Sale boys to be on the Otley Run, well, someone must have organised it as it's not exactly a short ride from Sale is it? Be fascinated to find out who the tour organiser was!!
Anyway , from the club that turned kicking the Calcutta Cup into a sport, we probably don't have much right to carp.
So for a stellar night out with no recollection the following morning who would you choose from the following list:-
(a) Deano (b) John Jeffrey (c) Frank Worthington (d) Stan Bowles (e) Danny Care (f) Moss Keane (g) Steve Walsh (h) Andy Powell ( pls bring own golf buggy) (i) Mike Tindall (scratch this - probably recollections afterwards)(j) Lote Tuquiri........answers on a postcard please!
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

tigercaspian wrote:Totally with Johnthegriff on this one and to counter what Old Hob says, the only problem is waking up in the morning and surveying the damage to your wallet. I've had more near misses when I'm sober but that's probably because I don't notice the ones when I'm not!
It's a pity no media came up with the headline :-
"Cipriani tackles bus - passengers claim whiplash"
As to whether it was right or wrong for the Sale boys to be on the Otley Run, well, someone must have organised it as it's not exactly a short ride from Sale is it? Be fascinated to find out who the tour organiser was!!
Anyway , from the club that turned kicking the Calcutta Cup into a sport, we probably don't have much right to carp.
So for a stellar night out with no recollection the following morning who would you choose from the following list:-
(a) Deano (b) John Jeffrey (c) Frank Worthington (d) Stan Bowles (e) Danny Care (f) Moss Keane (g) Steve Walsh (h) Andy Powell ( pls bring own golf buggy) (i) Mike Tindall (scratch this - probably recollections afterwards)(j) Lote Tuquiri........answers on a postcard please!
Steve Booth would have to feature at n or o I think
Easty

Post by Easty »

I feel an amount of sympathy (cough, splutter, retch) for Danny Cipriani as he has clearly proven many of his critics wrong this week ~

You Can't drive a double decker bus through his defensive channel

Coat on, building left