Sarries HC Semi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sarries HC Semi

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

divingrob wrote:Fans or no fans,for all their faults they are in the semi's and top of the league.
True, but I'm much more proud of the fact that 16,500 of us can show up for a charity game lead by two Tigers legends (Deacon and Hambo) and show a general willingness to support those in the organic 'Tigers Family' (though I don't like that sort of moniker).

When Saracens started their 'renaissance', they made sweeping changes to the playing and backroom staff alike, started this very artificial branding exercise and have bought success rather than achieved it through a viable business model. Despite this branding and success, they still can't develop a fan base or lovable club.

Nevermind special, I'd say there was something pretty banal going on at Saracens.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

They are probably being underpinned by the SARFU, and sooner ..or later..this particular little bubble will burst......
Cannot understand why they didnt do a Stade Francais and sell the tickets @ £5 each, half for benders.....
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I struggle to see why people criticise this so much. The ERC should have thought more carefully about a venue. Toulon were never going to send that many away fans, its been well documented how much of a "working class" town it is, I doubt that many people will travel (yes, I know I'm assuming a lot!).

I'm pretty sure that Tigers, as the best supported club, failed to sell out the Walkers stadium a numerous occasions for HC games. Which probably says more about us than Sarries - there home ground holds 10,000 so the fact that 20,000 tickets have been sold is a good thing.
Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

Im pretty sure tigers did sell out the Walkers for HC games. If not they got pretty close and at that time welford road was a lot smaller. 16,000 was it?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

How can Sarries sell tickets for their semi final as being on 11th May when the premiership web site does not show any details yet for that week ends quarter finals? In which case if we beat Irish we will therefore be playing on the 12th May or have Sarries jumped the gun?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

sapajo wrote:How can Sarries sell tickets for their semi final as being on 11th May when the premiership web site does not show any details yet for that week ends quarter finals?
They aren't. This is from their official website regarding pay-off semi-final tickets.

"The exact date of the fixture is dependent upon broadcasters and will be confirmed by midnight 4th May at the latest but will be either Saturday 11th May or Sunday 12th May, kick off 15h00."
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

It is less than they got for the quarter final against Ulster...I have had all my staff cut for Saturday they are not required for such a low profile match.... A SEMI-FINAL??? I wonder how many of that 20,000 are give aways as usual?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily wrote:Im pretty sure tigers did sell out the Walkers for HC games. If not they got pretty close and at that time welford road was a lot smaller. 16,000 was it?
Against Scarlets and Bath we didn't sell out the Walkers. So if the best supported club couldn't double the amount of tickets sold compared to a home game then why should Saracens. I would bet on a fair few walk up tickets being sold at Twickenham as well, seeing as there is no need to book in advance and pay for booking/delivery fees.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BJ. wrote:
sapajo wrote:How can Sarries sell tickets for their semi final as being on 11th May when the premiership web site does not show any details yet for that week ends quarter finals?
They aren't. This is from their official website regarding pay-off semi-final tickets.

"The exact date of the fixture is dependent upon broadcasters and will be confirmed by midnight 4th May at the latest but will be either Saturday 11th May or Sunday 12th May, kick off 15h00."
Thanks BJ that is what I understood to be the case but Sarries have listed the match as being on the 11th May as detailed below hence my questions. Below is the link to their official ticket sales

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/saracens/default.aspx
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

[quote="Cardiff Tig"][quote="Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily"]Im pretty sure tigers did sell out the Walkers for HC games. If not they got pretty close and at that time welford road was a lot smaller. 16,000 was it?[/quote]

Against Scarlets and Bath we didn't sell out the Walkers. So if the best supported club couldn't double the amount of tickets sold compared to a home game then why should Saracens. I would bet on a fair few walk up tickets being sold at Twickenham as well, seeing as there is no need to book in advance and pay for booking/delivery fees.[/quote]

There won't be a fair few, they are limited as to what they can sell on the day due to the number of staff working .... and it isn't a lot. Plus this isn't a Twickenham event, they are just the hosts, so they are driven on numbers by Saracens and ERC.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
tommo

Post by tommo »

Chobbsy wrote:It is less than they got for the quarter final against Ulster...I have had all my staff cut for Saturday they are not required for such a low profile match.... A SEMI-FINAL??? I wonder how many of that 20,000 are give aways as usual?
No give aways by Sarries. It's not 'their' game. ERC hold the tickets and the pricing strategy to this game, as is the same for all their semi finals.

I'm sure Sarries would have loved to have got 40,000+ through their usual marketing channels, but if ERC protocol wont allow it, what can they do?
Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Chobbsy wrote:It is less than they got for the quarter final against Ulster...I have had all my staff cut for Saturday they are not required for such a low profile match.... A SEMI-FINAL??? I wonder how many of that 20,000 are give aways as usual?
Big Ulster contingent for that game as well.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Well, let's be honest. I couldn't be happier with that result.

I suppose that there are those that would say that as I should be supporting an English club. However, seeing as there really wasn't one to choose, I'd have to go with the one that wasn't arrogant, bore-ish, bullying, un-sportsmanlike, rude, and an all-round pain in the :censored:. So, well done Toulon and good luck in the final.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Of cousre we should have wished the top English Club to beat the French Pretenders particularly on our home ground. Even if the top English Club cannot manage to drum up enough spectators to even half fill it.

The happy clappers may claim that the result demonstrates that we (Tigers) are second (or third or fourth) best in Europe.

To me it adds emphasis to how ERC have no commercial nouse (an English Frebch play off at Twickers with such few supporters and so little TV Revemue) and how different the mentalities of the French and English "Sponsored" clubs are, Should the game have been played in Cape Town?

ERC discuss.

No don't bother. Competitiib dues next year
Still keeping the faith!
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

How much were the tickets? I heard Brian Moore on the radio saying that they were £45. If that is hte case, that is a lack of comercial nous on the part of the ERC. I know we knock Sarries with their giveaways, but much better to have cheaper tickets - even free - and a full stadium.