Will the next month determine Cockerill's fate?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Will the next month determine Cockerill's fate?

Post by tigerburnie »

Crumblies, I refer you to the post I just made on the "George Ford" thread, I think that gives you the answer, rather than repeat myself.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Smudge wrote:So if the DOR buys in players from outside the club why does he know so little about them that he then finds them not good enough to play?
It is ludicrous.
What the "Brigade" want is a winning side not also rans.
We want entertaining and inspiring.
We won't get that from the present lot.
http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/162 ... XkKJ6JwoaM

How many Tigers voted for try of the week in the past few weeks? We are entertaining someone somewhere as we keep getting nominations and votes,most from outside of the club,must be doing something right.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/16303.php

Plus two out of a list of 5 for the season, sounds pretty entertaining to me.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

RC-honest, passionate and a great bloke too who has the respect of most of the press and other coaches. Come on folks- considering the awful injuries over the last 3 seasons I think he and the coaching team have done incredibly well. I don't think we will get to the Premiership Final this year-unless whoever we play in the semi has a couple of injuries to key players! Look at the so called shock results this season-it happens when teams don't have full squad available.
Great effort RC and always honest about how we perform. To qualify for the play-offs is a great achievement.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Good to see you back Bill 2-I should think the whole blasted forum apart from the six doom slayers agree with us...RC needs to prove something pretty sharpish... some stuuuuupid comment about accepting being in the play offs at best is guaranteed to make me bite....
We are SUPPOSED to be the Manchester United of Rugby, not Pool or Everton...
And please doom-slayers dont quack on about salary caps.......
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fortysix wrote:Good to see you back Bill 2-I should think the whole blasted forum apart from the six doom slayers agree with us...RC needs to prove something pretty sharpish... some stuuuuupid comment about accepting being in the play offs at best is guaranteed to make me bite....
We are SUPPOSED to be the Manchester United of Rugby, not Pool or Everton...
And please doom-slayers dont quack on about salary caps.......

I quote from our non executibe director (my namesake) WINNING!!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

fortysix wrote: We are SUPPOSED to be the Manchester United of Rugby, not Pool or Everton...
We are SUPPOSED to be the Leicester Tigers of Rugby,not roundyball. We are likened by some to being as successful as them, but we do not want to be several hundred £million pounds in debt, owned by foreign investors.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

tigerburnie wrote:Crumblies, I refer you to the post I just made on the "George Ford" thread, I think that gives you the answer, rather than repeat myself.
Why not? you seem to to spend every minute of everyday repeating yourself on this forum patronising anyone who has a different opinion to yours
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

Wow - I think some posters must live in some parallel universe where Tigers are second from bottom, don't score fantastic tries and have no international quality players in the side. Must be a miserable place!

Second from top with what should be an easy game to confirm a home semi-final, scored more tries than Quins, only Sarries have a better defensive record, two out of five on the nominees for try of the season AND the DoR shortlisted for the premiership award.

Does that sound like a club about to dismiss it's coach (whether or not they make the final - that semi-final will be very tight)? I don't think so!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Crumblies wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Crumblies, I refer you to the post I just made on the "George Ford" thread, I think that gives you the answer, rather than repeat myself.
Why not? you seem to to spend every minute of everyday repeating yourself on this forum patronising anyone who has a different opinion to yours
I fight my corner crumblies, always have and not intending to back down now either.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

tigerburnie wrote:
Crumblies wrote:
I fight my corner crumblies, always have and not intending to back down now either.
I am not asking you to. Just asking that you allow others to have a different opinion to yours and argue that just as robustly.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Crumblies wrote: I am not asking you to. Just asking that you allow others to have a different opinion to yours and argue that just as robustly.
I agree with Smurphs on most things................and quite robustly too.
Apart from threads demanding people are sacked, I rarely step over the mark as far as the moderators are concerned.I've had my wrist slapped a time or two when Smudge and I had a bit of handbags,but other than that I would describe myself as passionate rather than overly robust.
(I think that was two ex forwards just testing the water anyway)
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

To answer the OP question as opposed to bicker about other posters views, IMHO the answer is YES! It will determine whether Cockers stays for another season or leaves.
Still keeping the faith!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Where Tigers Coaching is still in the dark ages is watching Clermont do a 2012 Quins and offload everytime ......
we are LIGHT years behind in back play scenario...and before someone bleats about our tries, well we have the best forwards by a street mile to soften up the opposition.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fortysix wrote:Where Tigers Coaching is still in the dark ages is watching Clermont do a 2012 Quins and offload everytime ......
we are LIGHT years behind in back play scenario...and before someone bleats about our tries, well we have the best forwards by a street mile to soften up the opposition.

You might think that fortysix, I could not possibly comment, other than to say that to offload you need someone running on your shoulder. This is not Tigers way?
Still keeping the faith!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

In my day job I offer advice to companies in trouble so that they may succeed.

I find it touching that so many people seem to imbue the DOR role with Gandalf-like skills and powers !

Every machine or system is perfectly calibrated to achieve the results it gets. The assumption that RC is the only part that needs to be replaced to deliver the the 100% win rate that Tigers are so CERTAINLY entitled to is genuinely amusing to me.

The CEOs job is to give the organization a chance, within constraints , to meet or exceed its objectives. I see few C-levels in my job who have a record of doing that NEARLY as good as RCs. The argument will continue amongst fans. The club will retain RC on merit.