Legends game - thanks Louis!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

pipkoi
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by pipkoi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Please could someone identify this player for me

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8673150922/

I think he has a look of Geordan - though i know its not him obviously

Thanks in advance
Pip

Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:10 am

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by Eon B » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Ollie Smith, I would say. Though time has worked change,

Any more photographs?

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5148
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by WhitecapTiger » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:33 am

Not Ollie, but his name escapes me and I don't have a program to hand to jog my memory. Played alongside Johnno in the second row iirc.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:50 pm
Location: Stamford

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by chinnjamie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:04 am

pipkoi wrote:Please could someone identify this player for me

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8673150922/

I think he has a look of Geordan - though i know its not him obviously

Thanks in advance
Sam Raven?

BJ.
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5170
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: One step ahead of the rest of the herd

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by BJ. » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am

chinnjamie wrote:Sam Raven?
Well spotted. You win a :drinkers:
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: angus , scotland

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by tigerburnie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:35 am

The post match interview with Johnno showed how he still hates losing and doesn't like not being able to do what he could, as time is taking it's toll. I still think he would make a great coach or DOR for us one day.
There's a bit of a party atmosphere around Bath this afternoon - but you wouldn't get that at Leicester if we finished ninth." Richard Cockerill 7/5/16

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4664
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by sapajo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 am

tigerburnie wrote:The post match interview with Johnno showed how he still hates losing and doesn't like not being able to do what he could, as time is taking it's toll. I still think he would make a great coach or DOR for us one day.
He was so immersed in the actual match he had to be reminded that it was a charity event.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

BJ.
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5170
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: One step ahead of the rest of the herd

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by BJ. » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:40 am

You can take the man out of Leicester but ...
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.

pipkoi
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by pipkoi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:08 pm

[olist=][/olist]
chinnjamie wrote:
pipkoi wrote:Please could someone identify this player for me

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8673150922/

I think he has a look of Geordan - though i know its not him obviously

Thanks in advance
Sam Raven?
Thank you
Pip

Brianf
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:52 am

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by Brianf » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 pm

The full squad list, according to the programme was

Leicester Tigers Legends
Coaches - Dean Richards, John Wells, Ian Smith, Andy Key

A Riccardo Brugnara (Tigers Academy)
B Dorian West
C Darren Garforth
D Martin Johnson (c)
E Sam Raven
F Brett Deacon
F Paul Gustard
G Martin Corry
I Harry Ellis
J Jeremy Staunton
K Dave Lougheed
L Glen Gelderbloom
M Ollie Smith
N Craig Joiner
O Tim Stimpson

B George Chuter
C Julian White
E Tom Price
Lewis Moody
I Aadel Kardooni
I Scott Bemand
Leon Lloyd
J P O’Reilly
Steve Booth
Charlie Curson
Stuart Birch
Anthony Youngs
Tom Bellak (Tigers Academy)


Matt Hampson International Legends
Coaches – Matt Hampson, Shaun Edwards, Craig Newby

15 Jason Robinson (c)
14 Thinus Delport
13 Mike Umaga
12 Rob Henderson
11 Barry Murphy
10 Nicky Little
9 Andy Gomarsall
1 Stuart Turner
2 Jerry Flannery
3 Darren Morris
4 Jon Phillips
5 Trevor Brennan
6 David Corkery
7 Mark Hopley
8 Hugh Vyvyan

Mark Robinson
Christian Saverimutto
Budge Poutney
Kris Chesney
Tom French
Jimmy Smith
Stewart Davies
Lee Fortey
Justin Acres
Nigel Muirhead
Jason Forster
Luke Coltman
Tom Armstrong
James Connor

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by MrPartridge » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Great comments from Shaun Edwards re: the Legends Game http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/L ... z2RI0sPFCT

Fair play to him for taking part and his positive feedback.

fred12
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by fred12 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Tiggger wrote:Brilliant fun, played with great spirit.

Who were the numbers 12 and 30 playing for Hambo's team?

Haven't laughed so much at Welford Road for a long, long time, thanks guys for a grat afternoon guys!

The number 12 was ROB HENDERSON and the number 30 was a young lad called MIKE GILLICK, Craig Newby brought him in

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4664
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by sapajo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:21 pm

fred12 wrote:
Tiggger wrote:Brilliant fun, played with great spirit.

Who were the numbers 12 and 30 playing for Hambo's team?

Haven't laughed so much at Welford Road for a long, long time, thanks guys for a grat afternoon guys!

The number 12 was ROB HENDERSON and the number 30 was a young lad called MIKE GILLICK, Craig Newby brought him in

Mike Gillick apparently ex of this parish's academy?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Sport/C ... 062012.htm
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

fred12
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by fred12 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:31 pm

sapajo wrote:
fred12 wrote:
Tiggger wrote:Brilliant fun, played with great spirit.

Who were the numbers 12 and 30 playing for Hambo's team?

Haven't laughed so much at Welford Road for a long, long time, thanks guys for a grat afternoon guys!

The number 12 was ROB HENDERSON and the number 30 was a young lad called MIKE GILLICK, Craig Newby brought him in
Mike Gillick apparently ex of this parish's academy?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Sport/C ... 062012.htm
It looks like he was and also spent a few years in the championship. Could have a bright future as he's only 22! I wonder if he caught anyones eye?

Firesafetydave
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:34 pm
Location: Azerbaijan

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by Firesafetydave » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:59 pm

sapajo wrote:Could have swore blind that I saw Tana Umagaga with his trade mark hairstyle
That would be Mike Umaga, who had custody of the family haircut last weekend.
Te audire no possum. Musa sapienum fixa est in aura.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Freebird and 2 guests